Help...Im at a weight loss stall

meant2b03582
on 5/22/14 9:14 pm - Lewiston, ME

I am now 1 month post op and have lost 22 pounds. The doctors say that is good but I have been at a stall now for 2 weeks. I have joined a gym for strengthening training and walking but haven't seen any improvement. I am really getting down about the weight loss now. I am getting my protein and staying within my calories...what am I doing wrong?

grayC
on 5/22/14 9:57 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Your not doing anything wrong..these stalls just happen for most of us..

I'd say don't worry about it, but you will, it will drive you CRAZY

Just keep doing what your doing and one day you'll step on that scale to a huge number drop

literally over nite.. It's really just soo weird!

once your farther out you'll learn to accept them, because when you do your averages

you'll see you actually are losing very well during the month.

mmsmom
on 5/22/14 10:25 pm - Woburn, MA

Same here - surgery 4/28 been at the same weight almost two weeks now. Have upped water and walking but to no avail.  I am going to have my husband hide the scale as it is only stressing me out.  All we can do is keep eating well and exercising.  It's science...right?  the weight has to drop eventually!

meant2b03582
on 5/23/14 6:25 am - Lewiston, ME

It certainly does drive me crazy..LOL. I keep wondering if I am doing something wrong although I know I am not. I will just keep at it. thank you!

BadaBing
on 5/22/14 10:44 pm - NJ

Hi! You're not doing anything wrong! I was sleeved 4/24/14 and I lost 16 pounds since the surgery and 6 during the pre op diet so 22 pounds as well. It's frustrating to me as well, not only to have stalls but then losing just 1 pound here, 2 pounds there...Uuugh but I know it's working and it's going to continue working for me! I tell myself that when the numbers don't go down, the inches do! We're slow losers and I think it works better for us this way. Keep doing what you're doing. The pounds will come off! Best of luck to you! ~Gabby~

meant2b03582
on 5/23/14 6:28 am - Lewiston, ME

Thank you for the support. I am certainly hoping that is what is happening, the inches are moving. I am determined and will not give up so I know eventually it has to stop dropping again. You are doing great keep at it!

Tracy D.
on 5/23/14 12:22 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

The same thing happened to my husband - two weeks out and he hit a wall.  But if you look at what you've lost in 1 month you'll see that it's a very good number compared to what some of us lost at 1 month out.   I wouldn't call this a "stall" necessarily...you've started exercising and your body IS losing fat but it's hanging onto water to cushion those muscles that are a bit shocked at what you're doing now ;-)  Water is very heavy (try carrying around a gallon jug of it in one hand for a few minutes!).  You are doing everything exactly right.  

You will shed this extra water in a couple weeks and all will be right with the world - promise! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

meant2b03582
on 5/23/14 6:31 am - Lewiston, ME

I am praying that is what is happening. I know my body must be in total shock right now with the weight loss and the exercising. Before my surgery, I hadn't exercised in a gym in over 25 years which I am now doing strength training every other day and walking for 30 minutes a minimum of 5 days a week. Thank you so much for the support...it helps knowing there are people who are there for you!

mickeymantle
on 5/23/14 1:59 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

it is normal

the first thing to do is stop weighing yourself everyday , once a week is more than enough or you will drive youself crazy

you should not lift more than 10 lb till 6 weeks unless your surgeon says otherwise

your body needs time to adjust  after losing a bunch and will start losing when its ready , as long as your on plan you will lose 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Gwen M.
on 5/23/14 5:29 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Aw, I love weighing myself every day and it definitely hasn't made me crazy.  Being able to focus on the overall trend of my weight loss instead of day to day fluctuations has given me a much healthier relationship with my scale and my weight :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active