Trying full liquids today!!

TexasPrincess08
on 9/18/14 4:50 am
VSG on 09/15/14

So surgery was Monday and I did all my clear liquids except isopure I couldn't do it. It was way to sweet for me so with it now being 4 days post op I think I wanna try full liquids the only times I've been nauseated is when I take my hydro in liquid form I hate liquid meds they make me gag but I have been taking it twice daily to avoid most of the discomfort. My calendar with all my phases says I can try phase 2 today so I figured why not. Got my premier protein shakes that I'm gonna try hope it goes down well because I'm finally starting to feel hungry. 

Stacy_WLS
on 9/18/14 4:55 am

Good luck!  I started to feel so crummy until I could start getting in the protein shakes.  I hope it goes well.

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

wellzen
on 9/18/14 6:25 am

Protein will make you feel better. I drink mine very slowly. It fills me up quickly. Good luck.

Wellzen   VSG 9/8/14  SW 261 

TexasPrincess08
on 9/18/14 6:59 am
VSG on 09/15/14

Premier protein is awesome going down very easily I've been sipping on one I think for the past hour and now I feel full. I do have one question is what is your routine I want to start one just so I feel like I'm accomplishing something. 

isthatme
on 9/18/14 1:20 pm
VSG on 09/15/14

Problem I'm finding is too many post-op plans. My surgical team says clear liquids the first few days and if all is tolerated well then move on to the thicker drinks, and then progress onto the soft foods by week three if all is well.  the day after my surgery the hospital served me regular apple juice, regular cranberry juice, regular popsicle, mushroom soup, watery grits and regular beef bouillon regular jello and regular pudding. Where was the sugar free products they emphasized to us during classes? Good thing I brought a supply of PoweradeZero, and Nestle Pure water to the hospital with me. 

But I keep reading in several different blogs how other plans vary to no shakes until week three or after, no vitamins until three weeks or later, no soft foods for atleast three weeks.

I came home from the hospital on Wednesday, after having my VS surgery on Monday, by today (Thursday), all my pain was minimal. So I tried a scrambled egg this morning, and melted a slice of American cheese in it, while I couldn't fini**** I had no problems holding it down and experienced no problems. For lunch this afternoon I whipped up a can of cream of potato soup and ran it through the Bullet blender to puree the diced potatoes. Had half for lunch the other half for dinner and consumed my bottles of PowerZero drinks and one Premier Protein Shake.  I have no hunger craves or side effects, not even gas.

The way I see it if I can consume it with out and side effects or issues and you are not over indulging,,,,then go for it.

I've taken one pain shot since waking up from surgery because my liver was sore from the retractor, , and other than that feel great!!

Despite lacking an appetite, you have to feed the body, as you'll do more harm than good by depriving yourself the nutrition your body requires. Lastly,,,,I know I should have had maybe mushroom soup or cream of asparagus soup, but I've deprived myself of potatoes for months now and wanted to celebrate........mmmm was it good!! 

Gwen M.
on 9/19/14 3:06 am
VSG on 03/13/14

The right plan for you is the one that your surgeon gave you.  So I wouldn't worry too much about comparing your plan to everyone else's!  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 278 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views