Work Lunches-What to take???

cspotrun
on 2/1/15 4:41 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I'm 7 months out but I generally bring leftovers.  Whatever meat and veggie I have from dinner, I pack it up and bring it. Easy!  If you can't do meat yet, then a variety of cheeses, greek yogurt light, beans, etc. can work.  I can't eat protein bars (I'm RNY and I dump), but if you must, then Quest bars seem to have the best numbers.

Karen   

MAchick
on 2/1/15 5:33 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I work a pretty active job,  12-13 hours on my feet.  I am a year out.  Every day I bring one light n fit Greek yogurt,  two cheese sticks,  an iced coffee protein shake,  and a meal made of dense protein and vegetable. Usually chicken or beef,  roasted veggies like onion,  zucchini, summer squash, missions,  or asparagus. Maybe Sprinkle of feta or cheese on top, because thats how i like Things :-P

Sarah M.
on 2/1/15 10:11 am - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
VSG on 01/19/15

I go back to work tomorrow and today I made an AWESOME greek chicken lemon soup (Avgolemono) that I altered from the ****ari greek cookbook.  I'll post in the recipes forum.  It's 15g protein and MUCH better tasting (to me) than protein shakes.  

VSG 1/19/15 | HW: 262 | SW: 255 | CW: 146 (3/20/16)

wyo_sarah
on 2/2/15 1:51 am

I usually bring leftovers too.  I bought some little containers and when I'm putting food away after dinner I measure out 2-3 ounces so it is ready to go.  I also get the little 8 oz bottles of Isopure Zero (I buy on Amazon) and drink one of those between breakfast and lunch.  I was eating the P3 packs quite a bit.  I like them because the nuts are crunchy and I don't eat much crunchy foods.  I have only eaten one protein bar because they seem so high in carbs.  I also bought a mozzeralla, proscuitto and basil roll at the store.  It is a great soft food and 3 oz is 20 grams of protein.  I also eat a lot of jerky because it is easy to have on hand, it must be eaten slowly, and it is high in protein.  

Another little trick I do, if I have too many leftovers that we aren't going to finish before they need to be thrown out, I put them in 2-3 ounce portions in ziplock baggies or little containers and then put them in the frig.  That way I always have something quick I can grab for lunch if I haven't planned anything out.

Good luck!

rumpole6
on 2/2/15 3:47 am

For me, it was tuna, tuna, tuna. I also brought Quaker Weight Control oatmeal packets for breakfast and Dannon Light and Fit yogurt for snack. I bought premade tuna salad at the supermarket and there are ready to eat tuna packet in the grocery suggestions. Now, I bring more variety now (3.5 months out) including leftovers but that is what I started with.

Preop Diet 10/4/14; Sleeve: 10/13/14

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views