So tired! The next leg of my journey.

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/15 2:30 am

That's awesome! It's very important to have people on whom you can rely. I, too, have a personal trainer. I've been with him for 3 years now. I like him, but he is strictly about strength training and pushing me to be stronger. For emotional support, I've had to look elsewhere. Nice that you have a 2 in 1 with your trainer. What a valuable asset to have on your team.

Pamela M.
on 2/5/15 4:21 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

Wish there was some way to share more detail about what you are discovering.  Most days, I feel like I'm clinging with my nails as I walk down a foggy, dark path (hugging the side of the moutain with a huge drop off ledge on the other side of the path) armed with just enough information to keep me confused and almost discouraged.  The aftercare with my surgeon is practically non-existent - very rote, pushing a piece of paper in front of me and saying "here read this and follow that" and you'll be fine.  Yeah, right . . . not!  I am 6 months post-op and this journey is just now getting "real" to me as in real tough.  Wish there was somewhere I could go for better support.  Frustrated and alone . . .

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/15 4:44 am

I would so enjoy helping you get through this tough patch. If you would like, please PM me here on OH. Maybe we can work together to help you get on your feet and on a nice piece of flat ground!

Stacy_WLS
on 2/5/15 11:16 pm

Great post.  I think this is something we all need to go through or risk forever being slaves to the process (or regain).  I have found some balance in my diet but I definitely have not found balance in my mindset yet.  I think it is a long process,  but one that we really need to be aware of and take.

Thanks for the post!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Most Active