If you can do all of that.....

grayC
on 2/9/15 9:31 am
VSG on 05/01/13

We just started watching this past year..

binge watched on the recommendation of our son..

also never watched breaking bad..

and we binge watched that after it went off Air..

freaking fantastic!! Kinda liked watching it like that..

no waiting a week or months for new shows!!!

Gwen M.
on 2/9/15 9:33 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Yes :D  This is pretty much how I do things!  It's rare for me to watch a show live since I'd rather be able to binge it once it's all finished.  (I do the same with books, I wait until a series is finished to start reading it.  I'm weird that way.)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

lo_ri_p
on 2/9/15 8:33 am - Ocala, FL

After knowing someone who had lap band many years ago, I asked myself that question.  I found that diets that are similar to or the same as the preop diet I was given do not last long.  You may lose weight for a couple weeks but you soon plateau and the frustration causes you to give up.  At least that is how it worked for me.  I made the lifestyle changes such as exercise and better meal choices but nothing could change the hunger pains.  For me it was the best choice.  It may not be for everyone but I felt like I needed a long lasting solution.  It definitely is not as easy as I thought it would be but I don't regret it for a moment.

Melanielw
on 2/9/15 8:40 am
VSG on 01/21/15

I think you will always have at least one or two people who have a negative opinion. I find the ones who seem negative the ones who are a little jealous. Mainly because they can see I'm doing something about my weight and they aren't doing anything about theirs. In those cases I try to explain to them the best I can about the surgery and if they still think it wasn't a smart choice oh well. A lot of people call this the easy way out but so far I haven't found this easy at all. It takes a lot of strength emotionally and some days are harder than others. 

mysty888
on 2/9/15 12:35 pm
RNY on 01/22/15

Hi. I know this is completely off topic, but I saw that you had your surgery the same day I did. I had an RNY, not the sleeve, but that doesn't really matter. My question is, the 26 pounds lost so far on your tracker, is that since surgery or including any pre-surgery loss? I know I shouldn't compare, but I've been in a stall and seeing someone with comparable loss makes me feel better! I lost 16 pre-op and 12 post-op. I lost 9 of that in the first week, and only 3 in the last week and a half. I'm doing everything I am supposed to, but I just have to trust that the loss will start again. Also, I couldn't agree more that this is NOT the easy way out!

Melanielw
on 2/9/15 12:42 pm
VSG on 01/21/15

I lost 11 pounds pre op and 15 post op. I am also at a stall right now. :( I haven't lost anything in 6 days I believe.  Trying not to go crazy because I know it's normal. I know the weight didn't come off in 2 weeks and it's not going to come off that quickly either. Just hard not seeing the scale move. 

mysty888
on 2/9/15 12:52 pm
RNY on 01/22/15

Thanks for replying! Like I said, I know I have to trust in this, but it is so hard to be struggling to get everything in, do things correctly, and not see the scale budge. I don't expect it to just fall off, but after seeing up to three pounds in a day gone the first week, then to see the scale actually go up a couple times in the last week has been stressful. I'm sorry you are also in a stall, but to know I'm not the only one does make me feel a little better. Good luck!

MegZorar
on 2/9/15 9:01 am
On February 9, 2015 at 3:05 PM Pacific Time, BlueHeron81 wrote:

...then why can't you just do it without surgery?  What do you say to the naysayers who believe that if its possible for an overweight/obese person to have the discipline to drink liquids for 2-3 weeks, very little carbs and eat small meals, then why can't they do it without the surgery?

I don't say anything. Maybe give them the side eye. Maybe. But why bother.

grayC
on 2/9/15 9:24 am
VSG on 05/01/13

"Don't YOU think I'D DO THAT if I COULD"

said as condescendingly as possible..

just got to shut them down, they lack the ability to understand.

BlueHeron81
on 2/9/15 9:45 am - MD
VSG on 01/30/15

My sentiments exactly!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views