NSV Pre-Op

suzyq584
on 8/10/15 11:06 am

So...I'm still about 2 months from my sleeve surgery but I really have been trying to use this time to start making changes to my lifestyle.  I want to help myself be successful as much as possible post-op!  My NSVs....

• 2 weeks off of Diet Coke/any soda!  (This is big for me!!)
  • 2 weeks no smoking! (I wasn't a real big smoker but did do it socially.)
  • 2 weeks no fast food!  (This is also big for me!! I must also admin that I did have 1 snack and 1 meal fast food in that time but that is MUCH LESS than I have had in the past!  Goal is to eliminate it completely!!!)
  • 2 weeks exploring other interests that will help to move and keep me in a healthy, active lifestyle that doesn't involve unhealthy habits! (eating, drinking, smoking, etc...)

I'm never one to pat myself on the back however; I am quite proud of the steps I have taken (and will continue to take) to ensure I am successful with my sleeve!  I welcome any suggestions you have too!!

~Suzy

E_Saenz
on 8/10/15 12:19 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

That's great Suzy I have to say I hardly ever drink pop but i bought a 12pk diet caffeine free coke to drink pre op because afterwards I will not be able to have it.  So I just wanted to get it out while I can still have it but I know I won't have a problem not drinking it after surgery.

Elia Maria Saenz

mmb2003
on 8/10/15 12:32 pm

Great job!!  I was totally addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper and I was so worried that I'd miss it during my pre-op diet. Oddly enough, I haven't looked back!  I found a few different flavored Mio's and I'm doing fine. :-)  Keep up the good work!!

--Meg

VSG 8/11/15 HW: 272.5 PreOp: -17.5 M1: -20.8 M2: -15.0 TWL: -55.1 CW: 217.4

1st Goal: 225 9/27/15 2nd Goal: 200 3rd Goal: 170

Loser2542
on 8/10/15 12:43 pm

Wow! Smoking, diet coke and fast food. Any of these three are tough to quit so I applaud your efforts at doing them all at once. You should be proud!

HW: 388 SW: 240 CW: 172      Surgery Date 11/07/2014     VSG with Dr. Chengelis

JoeyJo
on 8/10/15 1:24 pm - NJ

Good job.  You are making your life much easier by starting now.

I recently bought a GREAT salad at McDonalds!  Yup McDonalds.  This is good to know if you're in a pinch, traveling or need to get something decent fast.  -- Salad was tough for me for many months, I don't remember when I was able to eat it comfortably.  Of course, I can only eat half even more than a year out, so the nutritional stats below should be divided in half.

Premium Asian Salad with Grilled Chicken:

Delicious juicy 100% grilled chicken breast filet seasoned to perfection with ingredients like salt, garlic and parsley–seared in our kitchens, no preservatives added. Plus a variety of greens including crisp chopped romaine, baby spinach and baby kale with a vegetable blend that mixes edamame, red bell peppers, and snow peas. Finally topped with sliced almonds and mandarin oranges for a guaranteed flavorful bite. Made just for you and served with low-fat Sesame Ginger dressing.  (the dressing is Paul Newman's brand)

(Daily Value)
Calories 270
Total Fat 9g 14%
Carbs 18g 6%
Protein 31g
Sodium 740mg 31%

Gwen M.
on 8/10/15 2:54 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Way to go!  These are great chances that will help you in your post-op life.  Keep at it!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

SpunkyK3
on 8/10/15 3:06 pm

That is a good idea.  I'm just starting my adventure ... on Aug. 25th I have the orientation.  Pop will definitely be my downfall.  I don't drink diet ... it's Pepsi or Mt. Dew.  I need to start cutting back and then not drink it at all so I don't miss it.  Trying to get into drinking water instead.  My daughter and I are also going to start walking in the evenings together.  I want to make sure I do this right!  Good for you and your success so far!

akanikkie
on 8/10/15 3:33 pm
VSG on 04/27/15

All these things will definitely help you!  I have found that since I'm not eating greasy foods (or other foods I associated with soda), I don't miss it.  Funny though, I have dreams where I have accidentally drink soda and am in a panic! lol  Good luck with your sleeve.  There are a lot of veteran's here who are great support and full of advice.

HW: 448; SW: 376; CW: 321

suzyq584
on 8/10/15 6:21 pm

That is so funny!  I did the exact same thing at Sams Club today at lunch.  I was getting tires put on my cat so grabbed lunch at their little snack shop thingy.  Ordered the Polish dog and drink automatically.  Didn't think about it until I was standing in front of the soda machine ALMOST with the cup under the Diet Coke and I caught myself!  I'm positive I visibly jumped hahaha!!!   Needless to say, I just go****er.  :)  It is just amazing how automatic things are.  I'm sure I'll be discovering many of these old automatics on this journey!

suzyq584
on 8/10/15 6:22 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views