Has anyone tried this product?

midwiferywoman
on 11/12/15 10:21 pm
VSG on 12/04/15

http://www.flapjacked.com/collections/protein-pancake-mix

Looks like it might be a decent mix for making "bread-like" items.  I'd love to hear from someone whose tried it.

Thanks!

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit" -Aristotle
SW: 237lbs | Lap Band Feb 2010 | LW: 188lbs | Post op baby Feb 2013 | July 2015 slipped band diagnosed | Oct 2015 band port eroded through adominal wall | 10/20/15 lap band removed | Regained to 215lbs | VSG: 12/4/2015 | LW: 148lbs but settled around 154lbs | Post-op baby #2 born Jan 2018 | CW: 160lbs

Gwen M.
on 11/13/15 3:49 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I try to avoid processed and refined foods - especially frankenfoods like this.  For me, eating bread like foods just leads to eating bread foods.  I'd rather not go down that path.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

psychoticparrot
on 11/13/15 6:53 am

I agree with Gwen. The whole premise of trying to find "healthy" substitutes for old, unhealthy favorites suggests to me a mindset that is not yet ready for the idea that it must change its entire way of eating.

Those tempting processed, junk carbs (even in the guise of healthier substitutes) must be eliminated. They will do nothing but give you empty calories and, worse, ignite a desire for more of the same.

You must make a commitment to a new way of eating -- lean proteins, non-starchy fresh vegetables, a bit of fruit (if you're not diabetic or crave sugar), a few nuts, and a bit of healthy fat. Pancakes and their ilk must go the way of the dodo. If you're like most sleevers, you'll occasionally eat them in weak moments, but you don't want to go out of your way to deliberately include them into your new way of eating.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but if you're going to all the trouble, expense and discomfort of getting a sleeve, please don't deliberately sabotage yourself before you've even begun. 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Luvmygs
on 11/13/15 7:19 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Me too, I stay clear of all processed foods. I'm sure these are very delicious, but I don't want to get back into bad choices. This has way too many carbs (18 grams).

Chanti_
on 11/13/15 3:43 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

I looked at the nutrition stats and you do get a lot of protein per serving but the carbs are pretty high too.  I would save a product like this for maintenance and really only for a special treat. Not sure what your NUT says about carbs but I find the majority of vets on here who are successful keep to a carb reduced plan. 

If you are looking for bread-like you should check out Bari-Delicious Food.  He's a farmer out in Washington who had WLS.  He's a real foodie and hes got a lot of neat recipies.  One is called Cauli-bread, made from cauliflower.  And another he calls bari-bread made from cream cheese and eggs whites.  

I haven't tried either of these recipes yet as I am not craving bread.  Or pasta or potatoes.  I used to be a total carboholic but can I tell you what I craved today... Cottage cheese, with raspberries, I add a pump of SF Hazelnut syrup, wow it's amazing.  I drove to the grocery store to buy more cottage cheese as I had run out.  Weird right.  

I hope as time goes on my cravings for high starch, high carb, low nutrition foods stays away.  At this point, for me, I am not willing to tempt fate by re-introducing high protein substitutes for my former favorite foods.  I feel it's a slippery slope to returning to my poor eating habits.  

Just my 2cents.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views