New to the forum. Not new to WLS

SweetLynn2001
on 12/22/15 7:09 am, edited 12/22/15 7:35 am - Harrisburg, PA
VSG on 08/02/16

I just wanted to say how inspired I am to hear everyone's stories of success and I love that no matter how small the question there are plenty of people to share their experiences to help each other out. 

I was banded back in May 2008 when I was my heaviest of 244. The lowest weight I reached was about 166 by Dec 2009. Typically the scale would normally stay around 171 though. By March of 2013 I had been having repeated issues with food staying down so I ended up having the band removed. Since then it has been 1 yr 9 mths and my weight has continued to creep up. I'm now sitting at 231 (I'm only 5'1"). 

Yesterday I met with the doctor at the weight loss clinic to start the process of getting the Vertical Sleeve done. I had my lab work and ekg today since both on record are really old. Next week I have my appt for medical clearance and the week after I have my psych eval and then on Jan 19 I start my 6 mth supervised "diet". Hopefully all goes well I could be looking at a Sep '16 surgery date. 

I just wanted to share a bit about myself and my current situation and to let you all know that I haven't even gotten my surgery but this forum has already been a big help. 

White Dove
on 12/22/15 7:24 am - Warren, OH

Great news - someone told me that the sleeve does what the lapband was supposed to do. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

SweetLynn2001
on 12/23/15 8:39 am - Harrisburg, PA
VSG on 08/02/16

Thanks, I hope so, that's what I've been hearing. The doc told me that I'm not a failure, its that my band failed me. 

psychoticparrot
on 12/22/15 8:39 am

Good luck to you, fellow 5'1" person! And I had that ****ing band too. It was worse than doing nothing. My high weight was 275, so you're smart to get the surgery now before your weight creeps up too high. The sleeve does everything the band was supposed to do and more. Prepare to be amazed!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

SweetLynn2001
on 12/23/15 8:41 am - Harrisburg, PA
VSG on 08/02/16

Thanks! And from what I'm seeing and hearing it looks like the sleeve is amazing! I cannot wait to get mines. They only good thing to come out of getting my band is that when I get my sleeve I'll already know what to expect with the smaller portions etc. 

And yes I decided now is the time to get it before letting my weight creep back up to my highest and possibly past it.

NoRegrets4Me
on 12/22/15 12:56 pm
VSG on 04/21/15

Hello and good luck in the following months! VSG has been the best thing I've done for myself!

SweetLynn2001
on 12/23/15 10:18 am - Harrisburg, PA
VSG on 08/02/16

Hello NoRegrets4Me and thank you. I hoping these next 6 mths go by quickly.