pre-op liquid day 11 and have been getting relux :(

betterme2014
on 1/28/16 5:51 pm - Canada

is it normal? I normally dont get this everyday. Maybe the odd time. I just don't understand why. If someone has some insight I'd appreciate it.

acbbrown
on 1/28/16 6:59 pm - Granada Hills, CA

For me, I get a buildup of acid when I don't eat and I'm super hungry which sometimes leads to reflux. Maybe it's the same for you? I don't know how much longer you have till surgery but ask your doc about either tums or something like Pepcid/Zantac. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

betterme2014
on 1/28/16 7:29 pm - Canada

okay sounds good. Thanks for your response. I didn't think I would get this on a liquid diet. I started to think am I like super unhealthy or something? Silly thoughts. Pre surgery anxieties I think.my surgery is Monday. I'm so excited but sometimes get a bit of anxiety surrounding it all!

Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come.

Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.

~ unknown

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/28/16 8:06 pm

Or.. Food alergies... 

I get horrible reflux when I eat /drink things I am allergic to I.e. dairy proteins, soy, etc.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

betterme2014
on 1/29/16 4:39 am, edited 1/28/16 11:56 pm - Canada

thanks for the reply. That makes sense too. The indigestion and burps are happening too. I'm not normally a burpy person but I have been since being on optifast! Also headaches,occasionally ear ringing and random leg cramps. I only have 3 days left. I think I will be okay! Just never want to take this stuff again if I can help it!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views