Ambiguous bleeding and bloating

CatLady3401
on 10/1/18 8:51 pm
VSG on 09/26/18

So... I'm 5 days out from my VSG surgery.

I hope this isn't too graphic but today when I wipe after voiding there's brown mucous and some red blood, both front and back. Kind of like the very end of a menstrual period? I had my last period like 10 days before surgery so I'm not due at all yet but I know hormones can do interesting things after a major event or with weight loss.

the thing is I'm not 100% sure if it's vaginal or rectal--- or both.

i haven't lost any weight yet; I'm still feeling very swollen and bloated. The area near my belly button, especially beneath the lap site on the right, is super painful when I bend or twist. My skin also feels warmer there.

I have been passing gas but have not had a bowel moment yet (I've started benefiber Saturday and took some dulcolax today).

trying not to ******vous nelly but I keep thinking--"did I just tear something inside?!" When I twist to the side out of habit to wipe my bottom or, "do I have a hernia?!" When I'm poking and prodding around the one lap site that's especially sore. Also nervous about no BM but then how much stool is really formed when your only oral intake is clear liquids and protein shakes?

i do have a follow up with my surgeon in the next couple days but if anybody has thoughts...?

Chanelcamp26
on 10/1/18 9:07 pm
VSG on 07/24/18

I hope you get some answers. Personally, my body went haywire after surgery. I had my period off and on for five weeks. My gynecologist said it was my nexplanon birth control implant adjusting. So who knows? Are you on birth control? Is it a new form?

I had a hard time with constipation my first few weeks after surgery. Miralax and Milk of magnesia helped. Always check with your surgeon before you take anything.

CatLady3401
on 10/1/18 9:16 pm
VSG on 09/26/18

Hi Chanelcamp26,

thanks for the reply.

I was on an oral hormonal birth control but stopped it temporarily two weeks before surgery to lessen clotting risk. I haven't resumed yet, probably wait 1-2 months after surgery to restart.

Written discharge instructions mention starting "something, such as milk of magnesia " if no BM within 3 days of surgery. It doesn't feel like there's anything in my rectum--- no pressure or fullness except before passing gas--- -- if there's some solid matter trying to work it's way through it's gotta be higher up still

Dragonfly1980
on 10/2/18 6:07 pm
VSG on 07/16/18

Hi

If you were on an OCP and stopped it before the cycle was over then this is most likely the reason of your bleeding.

CatLady3401
on 10/2/18 7:44 pm
VSG on 09/26/18

Yeah it did turn into a full on period. But it doesn't make sense because I had one on the 16th and then again on the 1st.

I thought my body's response to extreme calorie restriction would be to skip periods.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views