Hello! Newbie here :) (cross posted)

3sweetpeas
on 7/11/10 8:25 am, edited 7/11/10 9:58 am - Tehachapi, CA
Hi there! My name is Tamara I am a 27yr old 'lightweight' (BMI 41.2) and I have been reading these boards for about a month now. I LOVE OH and everyone is so helpful!

I have been thinking about WLS for awhile now and then decided against it as I started round 5 of Weigh****chers. One month into Weigh****chers and working out and only 3.8lbs down really discouraged me. I ate 'bad' for one week (week of July 4th) and gained it all back plus a pound CRAZY! So that lead me to here.. again. I have lost 20 or around 20lbs 5 times since I was 21! Each time I gained it right back super fast and then some! Enough is enough for me. I have made my decision and am 110% sure that RNY is for me. I have my first appointment with my PCP on the 19th to get my referral, etc. and to get things rolling.

I have 3 children and a hubby to live for and I am going to eat myself into an early grave if I do not get control. Not to mention diabetes and heart problems run in my dads family. I am not sure if I have any co-morbidities yet but I do get back and hip pains.. shooting pains through my hip that make it hurt to wal****il the pain dulls away. My feet and ankles swell.. I get winded rolling over in bed, shortness of breath, etc. All that 'fun' morbidly obese stuff.. eh!

I look forward to getting to know everyone!
Tamara
Highest BMI & Weight during VSG journey -- 44.5 / 259
Current BMI & Weight -- 37.8 / 220

moondancer2000
on 7/11/10 8:27 am - Ft Rucker, AL
Welcome Tamara.  This is one of the friendliest and most supportive board and yes once in while you will get tough love. 

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

southernlady5464
on 7/11/10 8:33 am
Welcome, Tamara.

The nice thing about this board is NO surgery wars! If you decide a particular version of WLS is for you, no one will try and beat you over your head about your choice.

I am scheduled for RNY if I stay with my current doctor but am looking into switching to a DS surgeon who handles lightweights. You see, I have the co-morbids that will have a cleaner outcome from the DS.

Actually one of the ladies in our RL support group chose an RNY for the same reason. She wanted the physical reminder of her restrictions.

Anyway, glad you posted and came out of lurkdom.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

MajorMom
on 7/11/10 8:43 am - VA
Welcome aboard, Tamara. I'm glad you found us. Keep us posted as you go through the process and start jumping through hoops.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

fitby40something
on 7/11/10 9:02 am - Southeast, MO
Welcome to the LW board.  You will learn a lot here and more importantly get  all the support you need.  Good luck and keep us posted.

On a side note, I had RNY 2 years ago and I don't really dump on sugars.  I guess you could say a curse and a blessing all at the same time...just depends on the day. lol

Julie

Julie   Extended Abdominalplasty & Breast Lift 6/22/11

fitby40something  HW 240/CONSULT 238/SW 225/CW 170/GW 138
"Get busy living or get busy dying."  --Shawshank Redemption

browneyedDeeva
on 7/11/10 9:50 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
welcome and the best of luck to you ;[-)

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

lerkhart
on 7/11/10 10:14 am
Hi Tamara,
Congratulations on making your decision and good luck with the process.  I put mine off for a couple of years to keep trying on my own - it never got any better on my own.
WLS was the best decision for me.
Keep us posted on your progress.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Jody ***
on 7/11/10 11:17 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Welcome Tamara!  I think everyone here can tell your same story regarding losing/gainin/losing/gaining. 

Good luck with your appointment! 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

italianspice
on 7/11/10 11:35 am - Eastlake, OH
Welcome Tamara!
This is a great board!
Congrats on decision. Let us know how you are doing.

Maria
sam1am
on 7/11/10 12:38 pm
Hi Tamara!  Welcome to the board!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 312 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 436 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 499 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 520 views