Fitness Challenge - August 16th

Lee ~
on 8/15/10 11:59 pm - CA
Ok Peeps,

I'm counting on all of you to help me stay in line with this exercise stuff.  My trainer left this morning so I'm on my own, but I have all of you and being accountable!

This morning I set my Tivo for a bunch of cardio and dance workouts on Fit TV - channel 222 in my area.  I think I programmed 10 or 12 programs so I can see what I like.  I need a reserve for rainy mornings or when I don't feel like hitting the gym.  Maybe I'll get a Wii.  Do any of you have one?  Do you like it?  Do you actually use it?  Info please!

Plan for the day:

15 minute walk to work (got up too early with not enough sleep to walk the 3 mile path)
30 minute walk at lunchtime
30 minute eliptical tonight
weight machines
200 crunches and stretches

A girlfriend called to see if she could workout in the gym with me tonight.  YES!

What are you up to today and this week?  With new school routines starting, how are you going to get time for your fitness routines?

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

mythinme
on 8/16/10 1:34 am, edited 8/16/10 1:34 am
LEEEEEEEEE!!!! 

How are you doing babeee!!

Thanks for keeping this going strong. I've been peeping in and out and seems we all have been a bit busy to post but hey, I'm posting today sunshine!! 

I can say with 80% certainty that I will be exercising today!! Finally after 6 weeks or so of drama and issues. Enough is enough and time to get my booty moving again. So, here's what I have planned today....

Yardwork (mowing a large backyard and small front yard...oh joy!! LOL)
Short jog...like 2 miles today...since I've been out of it. That'll be late though around 8pm. Then its off to bed by 9:30...I get up at 3:45 am and boy the morning comes real fast...

So, I'll post tomorrow and let ya know if I accomplished my goals. :)

Take care sunshine!! Have a fantabulous day too...

HW
/  SW /  CW /  GW (1st goal met!! ) New Goal Weight                        height 5'3"
230 / 196132  / 135                                       125

Lee ~
on 8/16/10 12:01 pm - CA
Diana!!  You are definitely the ray of sunshine around here.  I have missed you this much!!

3:45 am?  Are you kidding me?  All I can do is say WOW!

I can't wait to read if you made time for yourself today and got in some movement.  I know how much you really like it.  Set goals that you can accomplish so that you don't feel like you're failing.  Be realistic as you get started again.  Anything is better than nothing.  Your body will kick in and beg for more.

I hope we see you all the time because I know I speak for more than just me when I say....

I MISS YOU!

Shannon D.
on 8/16/10 2:01 am
Just got home from getting my books and have a ton of stuff to do in the next hour so I can run on the treadmill while the baby takes his nap. I'll do 45 minutes, then weights, crunches, push-ups, etc.

5'0"   HW-214   SW-186  GW-115  CW-96-99 
  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Lee ~
on 8/16/10 12:03 pm - CA
You go girl!  Your workouts are going to help you stay mentally sharp and give you a big advantage in the classroom and in studying at night.   You're going to be juggling a lot between home, school and BABEEEEEEEE!   Please be sure to always come here to LW so that we can support you.

Shannon D.
on 8/16/10 8:11 pm
Oh, I'll be here, you guys got me hooked! I love the support and encouragement I get here.

5'0"   HW-214   SW-186  GW-115  CW-96-99 
  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

lerkhart
on 8/16/10 2:02 am, edited 8/16/10 9:52 am
Lee,
I'm so glad you got to spend such a great summer with your son!!  How wonderful that must be.

I'm trying to get back on the wagon too!

I am at my DS's house babysitting my sick DGD#1 today. 

Treadmill 20 minutes 3.1 mph.

Going to try to do it again this afternoon when she takes her nap(if she does).

I did another 20 minutes on the treadmill at 3.1 mph.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Lee ~
on 8/16/10 12:05 pm - CA
Linda, 40 minutes on the treadmill is fantastic!  I've been trying to slowly increase my speed on the treadmill.  At the beginning of the summer I was at 3 and tonight I did my walk with a range of 3.5 - 4.0.  It's been a slow buildup to get here.   Do you ever try to go up to 3.2 to see how it feels?  Do you feel like 3.1 is challenging you?  If yes, keep it right there and revel in how great you're doing!  :)

lerkhart
on 8/16/10 11:29 pm
I was actually up to 4.0 and did some running at one point(Knees started hurting).  Her treadmill was so different from what I was used to working on.  I couldn't seem to get the speed right once it went over 3.1 it seemed to increase on its own.  I figured 3.1 was better than nothing - which is what I had been doing!!

I dont' have a treadmill so it is either go back to the gym or do something else.  I'm going to do the Leslie Samson Walk Away the Pounds tonight when I get home and try to do atleast 2 miles - we will see!! 

I'll be glad when it cools off and DH and I can walk around town.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
MajorMom
on 8/16/10 2:03 am - VA
3 walks so far. 5,511 steps and counting.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 299 views
12 Year Surgiversary!