Landed in the ER with a kidney stone and dangerously low Potassium Levels

kimkel
on 4/29/11 8:51 am - Ellsworth, ME
 Well I ended up waking my husband up Monday night at around 11:30 in horrible pain.  This pain was worse then labor pain and I have had 3 kids.  He took me to the ER and they found I had a kidney stone and on top of that they said my potassium levels were dangerously low.  The ER dr said that it was a good thing I came in because I could have died.  I had to go on 2 bags of Potassium and take 4 potassium pills while I was in the ER over the night.  They did get my potassium levels up but they were still below normal.  After quite the problems trying to get the correct prescription of potassium I picked up the kind that disolves in the water.  I will be trying it in a few minutes lets hope I can stomach it.  I have and some problems that is forsure with a pouch that got extremely irrirated from stress that caused me to be in a lot of pain.  Saw Dr. Toder for that and she put me on 2 meds for my stomach.  Finally started to get my stomach feeling better when the whole Kidney Stone and Low potassium happened.  On a good note I have gone down 4 pant sizes already and I will be 7 weeks out on this coming Monday.    I am a bit frustrated with the issues that I have had.  I still can't get in much for liquids and food.  Anyways I thought I would check in with you guys. :)
MajorMom
on 4/29/11 9:04 am, edited 4/29/11 9:30 am - VA
I'm sorry you're going through this. You passed the kidney stone? I hope never again.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

ruxanby
on 4/29/11 10:05 am
So happy everything turned out ok.  Always listen to your body and when in doubt go to the ER is my motto.  I hope you are feeling much better.

Sheri
Sheri F.   
LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Mama477
on 4/29/11 10:52 pm
Oh Kim I'm sorry to hear this!! Hugs to yOu and wishing for a quick recovery from those stones!

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

Lee ~
on 4/30/11 12:48 am - CA
Awwww, hang in there.  I'm sorry it's been so tough.  That potassium is a butt kicker.  I have tiny capsules that I take everyday to keep myself balanced.  When I skip it, I find myself getting cramps in my legs while in Pilates or while sleeping.

My son used to get kidney stones when he was playing soccer for 6 hours a day from the dehydration.  He says they're the worst sort of pain.  I feel bad that you're going through that.

Thanks for checking in!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

lerkhart
on 4/30/11 2:23 am
Hope you are feeling better.  Sorry you have had a tough time of it!!
Congratulations on the 4 pant sizes!!
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
RaggetyAnn
on 5/1/11 11:22 am
VSG on 02/15/11 with
Kim,
How are you doing now?  Give us an update!
tracey

RaggetyAnn  (I'm just a RaggetyAnn in a Barbie Doll world.)
hw: 216 sw: 200 cw: 156 dgw: 134 mgw: 124

kimkel
on 5/1/11 11:59 am - Ellsworth, ME
 Hi Tracey
As far as the kidney stones I am doing fine.  I am having a terrible time with my vitamines and potassium.  This liquid potassium is so nasty and I just want to throw up and sometimes I do.  Not sure what I am going to do.

Kim

RaggetyAnn
on 5/2/11 10:36 am
VSG on 02/15/11 with
can you hide the taste in something else?  Applesauce, a smoothie? Yogurt that you've added flavoring to? Pureed baby fruit or veggies? 

(((hugs)))
sending healing energy your way.  Be kind to yourself.
tracey

RaggetyAnn  (I'm just a RaggetyAnn in a Barbie Doll world.)
hw: 216 sw: 200 cw: 156 dgw: 134 mgw: 124

kimkel
on 5/4/11 11:51 am - Ellsworth, ME
 Nope it is like a alkaselser type pill. You put it in water and it fizzes up.  It is orange flavor. :(
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views