OH MY GOSH....2 NSV'S IN ONE DAY!!

fatoldbat
on 5/5/11 3:46 am
well LW's....had a dr appt this morning....with the endocrinologist...even though i no longer have a thyroid gland i still have to go for yearly bloodwork to check the TSH and have my meds adjusted accordingly.....

the nurse weighed me and we went into the examining room....she took my blood pressure and opened my file to write it down....she looked confused and said....oh...i've got the wrong file!  i said....no....you actually have my file!  she couldn't believe the weight loss!  i weighed 250 at last year's visit!  then the dr came in and was blown away!  he was so excited about the weight loss!  he just couldn't believe it!  as he left the room and went down the hall....his last words to me were "it's just amazing!"

then....

i went by Lowe's before going back to work (wanted to check on flowers for my mother in law for mother's day).  they didn't have what i wanted so as i was leaving there were 2 women (Lowe's employees) standing by the door and as i walked by....one of them said..."honey, how tall are you and how much do you weigh?"  oh my gosh!  i've never seen this woman in my life!!!  did she actually ask me that????  i said..."excuse me?"  again...she asked "honey, how tall are you and what do you weigh?"  i was shocked!  it caught me off guard!  i was so in shock i just told her my weight and i told her i am 5'7" tall...(i still can't believe i told her!!!  very seldom am i at a loss for words!!)  then she smiled and said "i'm 5'7" and i want to be your size.  you are the perfect size and you look so good!"  i laughed all the way back to work!  don't know if i laughed at the fact that she was bold enough to ask me that or the fact that i told her!!!!

just sayin!!!

have a blessed day, all!
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 3:53 am
Wow, that is so awesome!  I love when doctor's are amazed at how well the surgery works, they can be good advocates for others to have WLS.

I can't believe someone would ask a stranger their weight, but what a compliment. You should be smiling ear-to-ear.

I haven't seem my best friend in six weeks and when I talked to her the other day she said I was smaller than her because she cannot fit in a size 10. I could not believe that because she has always been my small friend. Good thing she isn't the jealous type, we will now walk for hours again this summer.

Thanks for sharing your victories!
Stacey N.
on 5/5/11 4:49 am - Chesapeake, VA
Wow, she was certainly brave to ask a stranger that! But what wonderful NSV's!

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

Price S.
on 5/5/11 5:43 am - Mills River, NC
Those are great.  Woo Hoo. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Lucycat
on 5/5/11 7:52 am - Lewiston, ID
That is just fantastic.  Love it, love it, love it

Sue

Mama477
on 5/5/11 8:42 am
Congrats---what a great day. I bet you will be smiling for a while!!!

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

aspan
on 5/5/11 9:03 am
That is wonderful! I had someone ask me how much I weigh just recently...someone I work with, I wasn't as bold as you though I basically told her to mind her own business
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 9:08 am
 Well  I guess that tells U  GRRL  ..U aint  a FAT OLD BAT  LOL !!!  (  U secret Hottie  !!  )      

trust me noone  CARES  what weight U are  if ya don't look HOTT  !!!!      
RaggetyAnn
on 5/5/11 11:58 am
VSG on 02/15/11 with
I've been wanting to write this line for months....

Hail our LW Goddess, the beautiful, thin, and younger-this-year fatoldbat....

tracey

RaggetyAnn  (I'm just a RaggetyAnn in a Barbie Doll world.)
hw: 216 sw: 200 cw: 156 dgw: 134 mgw: 124

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 10:45 pm
 thats a great line     
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 415 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views