Day after tomorrow

redheadtiff
on 5/9/11 2:04 pm - Waxhaw, NC
So I'm starting to freak out a little bit. My VSG is Wednesday and I have started this whole introverted deep thoughts, what is the meaning of it all, etc.
The changes in my engrained habits and mindset are what's freaking me out.
I'm excited but getting anxious....I just want to get there and get on the loser's bench!

Tiffany
I am a work of art in progress

Ruthie D.
on 5/9/11 3:25 pm - Mayer, AZ
Hey Tiffany!  Sounds like you are exactly in the same brain space as most everybody else is when it gets close to time.  :-)   Not to worry, you are going to do great!  Your VSG will help you to set those new habits and your mindset is just ... well... probably going to be like a beebee bouncing around an empty shoebox for a while.

IT'S ALL GOOD!  

Just keep coming back and that loser's bench just got a little longer to make room for ya!

Ruthie
       LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
MajorMom
on 5/9/11 7:13 pm - VA
It's going to be a wild ride, hang on tight. Swinging lizards for you, babeee!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

peyton88
on 5/9/11 7:39 pm - Madison, GA
Been there....done that!  It's totally normal.....

You'll do great and never regret a moment!  Actually going THROUGH with the surgery and pre-op stuff  is 51% of the journey...you'll be on the downhill slide soon!

Best wishes and prayers....let us hear from you so we know how you're doing!!
  HW/SW/CW/Goal.....219  / 206 /  122 / 130

Price S.
on 5/9/11 8:27 pm - Mills River, NC
Oh Tiffany, how right you are to be thinking about all that.  Because this is a lifestyle change, not for a year or so while we are losing but forever if we plan on keeping it off.  It's hard in the beginning to think about that kind of committment for the rest of our lives.  But you will have an awesome tool to help you through it and we will be here to support you. 
As you stick around here, you will find that we all still go through bits and pieces of introspection about where we came from, where we are and where we are going.  Changing our habits and mind sets.  The weight will come off, the important stuff is what happens in our head.
We'll be sliding over for you very soon.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Just-Jenn
on 5/9/11 9:36 pm - Midstate Region, PA
Just you wait---it is going to be A++.  It completely changed me when I had RNY-- for the better.  I realized I cared for myself so much more, I found out that I mean more then what I food I can get a hold of.  I never thought I had food issues---just that I liked it because I was hungry--Gosh was I wrong.  I see food in a whole new way.  I see myself and others in a different way.  I no longer use food as a way to celebrate events or accomplishments, it's not a reward for good work or a way to make myself feel better when something has happened...it's been very liberating but at some points you may try to reconnect with your lost Friend (food) and feel as though they just aren't the same anymore.  Sometimes- its lonely if no1 else understands---but that is why the board and support group is helpful.  As someone else said- going and having your surgery done is the super hard part (it's hard to comment to something you only have a concept of, and for me the concept of not needing food was scary)--- your tool will make the food issues easier.  Wishing you nothing but positive outcomes.  Scooting down on the losers bench for ya. 

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

fatoldbat
on 5/9/11 9:46 pm
i was still questioning my decision as they slid my fat butt from the gurney to the operating table!  but haven't looked back!  it's a wild ride but sooooo worth it!  never in a million years could i have imagined feeling as good as i do now!  never would i have ever seen myself as a runner....running the peachtree roadrace this year baby!!!  never would i have ever pictured myself in the size 4 jeans i'm wearing right now!!!  all i can say is.....settle down......think positive thoughts.....and hold on for the ride of your life!!!!!

sending blessings and warm wishes your way!!!  keep us posted!!!
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Mama477
on 5/9/11 9:47 pm
I felt the same, too! I love Ruthie's analogy... Bebe in a shoebox for sure. Ask questions. Have someone else listening with you. And hold on tight!!! You will be coasting downhill beginning next Wed!!!

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

redheadtiff
on 5/9/11 11:45 pm - Waxhaw, NC
Thank you all so much for the encouraging words of advice. I am so glad to have found this forum and you guys are the best!
I will post as soon as I can, or I will have my angel, lalove590, new to the boards but my good friend who had VSG two weeks ago, post an update for me.
Thanks again and I'll see you on the loser's bench tomorrow!

Tiff
I am a work of art in progress

italianspice
on 5/9/11 11:57 pm - Eastlake, OH
All part of the process!
Warming up a seat for you on the loser's bench!!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views