New Experience, Not in a Good Way

kimberly_gr
on 6/4/11 10:41 pm
After work on Friday I decided to do some shopping to get a jump on the weekend.  While out, I went to Boston Market for dinner so my blood sugars wouldn't get too low.

I ate most of my chicken and was trying to eat my vegetables, but I had the strangest feeling and couldn't squeeze them in.  I knew I had not eaten enough, but there was no wiggle room in my tummy. By the time I shut the door of my car I was in misery.  I didn't know what was going on, but decided to go to my next destination about a block away. While driving I thought I was going to upchuck right there in the middle of traffic; my mouth was watering like crazy, and I thought I was going to explode.  I finally made it to the parking lot, opened my door, and prepared to toss my cookies.

Then I burped.  I mean a great big burp!  I'm 6 months out from surgery, and have never experienced something like that.  I don't know how I swallowed so much air; perhaps I was eating too fast, but it was the most miserable thing I've experienced since the day of surgery.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

Happy_Camper
on 6/4/11 10:58 pm
Ive experienced this many times..... can you say Im a slow learner?  lol   I was a  member of the "clean your plate" club.  It didnt matter if my pouch was full.  There would only be 1 or 2 bites on my plate and it kills me to waste food......  So I would eat it.  Then I would pay.  I would feel miserable.  Just knew I was going to vomit.  Mouth would be filled with saliva.  Couldnt vomit - just spit out the excessive saliva.  Eventually I would burp then start to feel better.  Of course after every episode, I would swear up and down I would never over eat again, but I did.  I have finally learned to stop eating once I hit my "full" signal.   This journey is a learning experience, thats for sure.  Good luck!   Cindy

Surgery March 2, 2010 -  5' 9"  -   HW 278 /  SW 260 /  CW 139 / GW 150

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat                         

Roz !!!!
on 6/4/11 11:15 pm - Butler, PA
Do you have a full signal?  Mine is hiccups others get a runny nose.  You need to watch for it and then don't even take one more bite.  Overeating just one bite can make you feel like vomiting would be your best friend at the moment.   Even at 2.5 years out I have trouble with chicken.  1 grilled chicken thigh and 2 bites of green beans at KFC is still  all I can handle at a time.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Stacey N.
on 6/4/11 11:22 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Iss that why I have had the hiccups lately (my biggest pet peeve) Ok so now I will make sure I dont over do it...

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

Roz !!!!
on 6/4/11 11:36 pm - Butler, PA
LOL....I used to hate getting hiccups because I thought they were a nuisance but now they make me so happy because I know my tool is still working.......

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Price S.
on 6/4/11 11:35 pm - Mills River, NC
The only time I have done that, I call it my version of foamies, is when I have eaten too fast and not chewed well enough. 

I wasn't able to burp early out but can now and it helps when I can burp.  I don't have much of a full signal.  I sometimes hiccup after I have finished eating. I think I am eating too fast and maybe I finish before the signal comes.  Most times, I never seem to have one which is not good.  Between that and being able to eat more these days, it makes me anxious about maintainance. 

Plus, I don't dump on sugar.  Although some sweet stuff doesn't call me at all, others do.  Chocolate is horrible.  I don't keep any around but when I am at these horse shows, there is alway chocolate, brownies, home made cookier, etc in the office and I have a hard time resisting.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

aspan
on 6/5/11 12:44 am
oh i've been there more than once! One time I had to have my husband pull over and I stood outside the car spitting out salvia for ten minutes..on a very busy highway..that was pretty embarrassing..I too get the hiccups if I overdo it but if I hiccup its too late for me im going to be in misery so I just listen to my stomach..eat slowly and then once I "know" its time to stop I stop..even if I haven't eaten enough cause otherwise I will be paying for it and that is NO fun!!
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
southernlady5464
on 6/5/11 2:03 am
I pulled a stunt similar to that this week too...I ate something too fast that was dryer than I needed.

My eyes watered and I could barely breathe, honestly felt like I was gonna throw up. I headed to the restroom and just before I got there, a big burp let loose and I was fine.

Teach me to eat too fast.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Mama477
on 6/5/11 8:22 am
Chicken got me this week, too!!!! Must be a curse or something!!!

Now we know!!!

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

ruxanby
on 6/5/11 10:27 am
Chicken it the worst for me and I never ever eat it out.  Only when I am home and I cook it.  I am very careful not to overcook because then I can not eat it.  I find it best to simmer in something so it is soft and falling apart. 

I have had what you experienced on more then 1 occasion and it is horrible.  I do not have a full signal. I wish I did.  I wing it most of the time now (1.5 yrs out) and have been pretty safe that way.

I am scarred to death to be out on a rare date night with DH and have that happen.

Sheri
Sheri F.   
LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...