6 Month Checkup

kimberly_gr
on 6/16/11 11:23 am

On Tuesday I had my 6 month checkup.  My labs looked good (I have a copy to review when I have some time to concentrate on them), and supposedly I'm ahead of the curve on my weight loss.

The bad news is that we discovered I have a hernia at my belly button.  It's not in need of repair right now, and we'll discuss surgery in my next checkup.  I'm bummed.  I felt like it took me so long for my energy to bounce back after WLS that I didn't want to ever think of another.  I know it will be outpatient surgery, but don't know much else.

Did any of you have this hernia repair surgery?  How long before you returned to work after it?  I think I was feeling something a little strange in that area before surgery, but I really think surgery must have made it worse somehow.

Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

Roz !!!!
on 6/16/11 11:37 am - Butler, PA
I didn't have a hernia but I had to have my gall bladder out I bounced back really quick.  You are probably going to go through the hernia operation a lot healthier than when you went through WLS.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

MajorMom
on 6/16/11 6:45 pm - VA
I'm glad your 6 month appointment went well. Good for you for being ahead on the WL curve.

Who knows, maybe you can get a tummy tuck when you get the hernia taken care of and have insurance cover most of it. Keep us posted about your labs.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 6/16/11 8:11 pm - Mills River, NC
I had hernias repaired when I had my RNY but I have some little weird place at my belly button now.  I've shown it to my surgeon and PCP and both say if it isn't bothering me, not to worry. If it is, it is a small repair.  But I agree.  I don't want any more "repairs".  I'm thinking the return to work and all that would be related to the amount of repair needed and how much work had to be done.  I've had client with hernia repairs, no WLS, and it was like it never happened.  Plus, look at how much better shape you are in now.  Not to worry.  Congrat on your report.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 6/17/11 9:01 am
Congratulations on your six month check up.  Sounds like you are doing a great job.

I don't know anything about a hernia - good luck with it.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 471 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views