I'm still here!!

Kaysmommy
on 9/7/11 12:16 am - Silver City, NM
I know I've been MIA. Mostly because I'm just so frustrated with my situation. I was released from the hospital about 2 weeks ago. I have been able to drink some liquids but get all my nutrients from my feeding tube. My stricture has opened up a little bit to about the size of a pin needle. My surgeon last week asked me to try some mushies this week, and all gets thrown up. Even protein drinks get throwen up also. So far I've been under anesthesia 4 times, 2 suguries and 2 EGDs. Tomorrow I go back in for an EGD, to try to put a stent in to force my stomach open. If that cannont be done then sent to the OR to convert to an RNY. (Im really skeptical of this because this was done before, and I woke up with my feeding tube and told I was to swollen from the original surgery). So needless to say I need some major support. I am in constant pain because of where my feeding tube had to be placed in my tiny tummy. It is right under my left boob, so it is constantly getting pulled on. My tube won't come out tomorrow because I couldn't do what my surgeon said of keeping down mushies. Which I think was next to impossible with the opening the size of a pin needle. I'm so sick of my surgeon, and he has never experienced any of this before. I have called surgeons that's are out in town and no one will touch me, probably afraid I'll end up suing. I just wish I knew someone who has been through this before and can tell me it will all be OK. I'm so ready to feel good again, and have my daughter home with me where she belongs. OK I'm dome with my putty party. My husband has been good, but gets so mad when I want to release my emotions or just want to cry.
MajorMom
on 9/7/11 1:45 am - VA
I hate that you're going through this! You come here and vent any time and know we are sending up prayers and swinging lizards for you.

((hugs))

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Kermit P.
on 9/7/11 1:49 am
I have wondered how you have been.....so sorry to hear that things have still been miserable.   I can only imagine how much this sucks.  I hated my drain tube with a vengeance so I know the feeding tube must also be miserable.  I have read of a few others here on OH who have been through similiar situations and eventually things DO get better and they are able to eat again.  I pray that this happens sooner rather than later.  Remember we are here and are rooting for you from afar.  This will end at some point and your life will begin again.....hang in there!!!

Healing thoughts being sent your way......

~~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Mama477
on 9/7/11 1:53 am
Glad to see you posting. Swinging lizards for your procedure and sending great bug hugs!!! I know I sometimes have to get frustrations out/cry because if I don't my head is going to blow!!! Use us!!!!!

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

italianspice
on 9/7/11 2:23 am - Eastlake, OH
Vent away my dear!
I cant imagine how frustrating this must be for you.  Prayers that the swelling settles down soon and you will be feeling great in no time!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Price S.
on 9/7/11 3:33 am - Mills River, NC
I'm swinging, I'm swinging.     

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Caitlyn_Cat
on 9/7/11 5:45 am
Me, too!

Height: 5'5" / HW: 223 / SW: 196 / GW: 125 reached 12/22/2011 / CW: 121    
jspencer1014
on 9/7/11 6:07 am - Riverdale, GA
I am so sorry that you still having so many complications. I don't even know what to say. I understand the feeling of frustration you're feeling. I hope that the stent works tomorrow. I'll be swinging lizards for you. 

I can totally relate to the pain in the a$$ feeding tube!!! Mine gets pulled and twisted all the time. It's been infected twice. I popped the stitch once(boy, did that hurt) and just generally have pain in/around it all of the time!!!

I hope things turn around for you soon. I will swing some lizards for you and your family. If you need to talk, feel free to PM me.    -Julie

"It's not what is taken from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left."-Hubert Humphrey

ruxanby
on 9/7/11 10:42 am
Youhave been through the ringer. Hope things work out soon......swinging away!!  keep us informed.

Sheri
Sheri F.   
LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

lerkhart
on 9/8/11 2:19 am
{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to you.  You have had a really hard time and I'm so sorry.  I wish there was something that we could do to make you feel better.

I hope the surgeon gets you fixed up soon.  I've heard other people say that it is hard to change surgeons once you have one. 

Come on here and vent to us anytime.  We are here to support each other in the good and the bad.

Praying for you.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 296 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 420 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 482 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 500 views