Purred food?

Kaysmommy
on 9/8/11 12:12 pm - Silver City, NM
So my EGD went good today, as of leaving it my stomach was dilated so it is open. My surgeon wants me to start eating mushies to hopefully keep it open. Well I need suggestions what to eat. I'm not worried about calories, I need a good 1000 calories a day to get my feeding tube out anyways. I need the lots of nutrition since I still have an open incision that is healing, and will have a hole to heal when my feeding tube comes out. I just need suggestions, before all this I knew what to do and had plans. Now I just feel so unsure of all the decisions to make. I know you will all have great suggestions for sure.
aspan
on 9/8/11 12:53 pm
well you could eat yogurt, refried beans, mashed potatoes (careful about dumping), not sure exactly what you mean by mushies...you could puree practically anything if you really need to ie veggies/meat etc...
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
MajorMom
on 9/8/11 6:41 pm, edited 9/8/11 6:45 pm - VA
Egg salad, Wendy's chili, shrimp salad, chicken salad, **PROTEIN SHAKES**, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese w/marinara sauce, Taco Bell cheesy re-fried beans...If I think of more I'll add them.

I'm glad they were able to open up your sleeve. Take advantage of it and don't worry about calories but think about carbs.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

lerkhart
on 9/9/11 3:09 am
I put almost anything in my magic bullet and pureed it and ate it.  Chicken with low fat gravy.  Beef with some type of gravy. Wendy's chili(loved this) pureed.

I also did double milk to help get the calories up.  You take regular milk and add in 2 tbls of non fat dry milk. You can add this to the Diet Swiss Milk Hot Chocolate and it is great.

I had a recipe for a Ricotta cheese bake that had an egg in it and it was pretty good. 

I love protein ice cream and frozen protein drinks.  You can mix it with milk(I use Hood Calorie Countdown-lower carbs & calories) and add whatever protein you want and anything else just put in blender and add some ice and it is a frozen treat.  The World According to Eggface has some great recipes.

Good luck.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Mama477
on 9/9/11 9:47 am
Vegetable soup in a blender was one of my favorites... roast beef with some broth or gravy is yummy too. I did some yogurt and double milk in the blender with ice and protein.

Fat free refried beans with a tiny bit of salsa and cheddar cheese were good, too.

Glad you got good news today! You can do this and get those calories!

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 296 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 420 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 480 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 500 views