RNY now!

Kaysmommy
on 9/23/11 11:37 am - Silver City, NM
Well today I had my 2 week post dilation EGD appointment. My stricture was open the first week after my EGD then it started closing up again. Today with my surgeon we decided a full conversion to a RNY will be best. So Wednesday I go in to have my G-tube taken out, then a full RNY. My G-tube has to be taken out because once my sleeve is closed off there will be no way to remove it. My surgeon said he would rather leave it, just in case, but it has to come out to be safe. I really chose the sleeve because I didn't want to bypass everything, but at 2 months out my stricture won't go away and this is the option best for me. I'm scared to death of another surgery, but so ready to start on my weight loss journey. Hopefully this surgery will go great with no complications, that is my biggest fear, 2 months of this is getting old quick. Now that everything I have researched is the sleeve I'm so afraid I'm not going to rock an RNY like I was so ready to rock my sleeve. Ok enough rambling, I just want to say thank you all. You all know how tomsupport me in this time when my family and friends just don't have the words I need.

Aimee
Stacey N.
on 9/23/11 12:02 pm - Chesapeake, VA
I know you were looking to rocking your sleeve but many of us are rockin our RNY's and I am sure you will too. Do some research, wrap your mind around it and look at it this way, NO MORE G TUBE! It will be ok, at least you are on your way now to getting healthier and feeling better. Good Luck hun and I am swinging for you.

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

jspencer1014
on 9/23/11 4:24 pm - Riverdale, GA
Aimee, I am so glad you and your Dr came up with a solution together. I am sorry that you have had such rough time with the sleeve. Hopefully the RNY will be better for you. I know you'll rock the RNY just like you would have rocked the VSG if you had the chance!!! As determined as you are, after the last couple of month, you will be an RNY rock star!!! And I'm wishing for no more complications for you. You have had enough!!!!!  I know you must have some fear. I know I would. But try to remember that complications like ours are really rare. You've already won that lottery once(or is it really lost),so it won't happen again!!! I'm believing that for you!!!! I'm swinging critters for you, and you will most definitely be in my thoughts on Wednesday!!! No more G-tube!!!!! That will be nice for you and make you more comfortable, I'm sure!!!!  Good luck!!!!!                       -Julie
"It's not what is taken from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left."-Hubert Humphrey

Fran-I Am
on 9/23/11 8:36 pm
Best wishes to you!

SW 1012/11 265#  CW 10/10 142#
Price S.
on 9/23/11 9:35 pm - Mills River, NC
i realize that the g-tube has been a blessing in ways with the stricture, but very few of our dr.'s do them and we do fine.  getting rid of it will be good and you can go on to heal.  I wanted a sleeve orginally but insurance didn't and I am so happy with my RNY.  I'm swinging for you.  this time, all the good luck should be coming your way, you have had your share of the other kind.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Mama477
on 9/23/11 10:51 pm
You'll do just great with the RNY, Aimee!!!!! When do you have it????

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

Kaysmommy
on 9/23/11 11:02 pm - Silver City, NM
Thank you so much ladies. You all make me feel great about moving on, and this will work out great with no more problems. The 28th will be the new start to my new life.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Kermit P.
on 9/24/11 1:16 am
Aimee,

I know you have really been through it and I also can only imagine how difficult it is to have to get a surgery that you didn't plan on.  I have no doubts though that you will lose weight with the RNY and am praying for no MORE complications.......

Sending healing thoughts to you!

~~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
MacMadame
on 9/24/11 3:47 am - Northern, CA
Be sure to talk to Karin ... she just recently went through the same thing.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

aspan
on 9/24/11 5:29 am
glad to hear there is a solution to the problem..I also wanted a sleeve really bad but insurance wouldn't pay, now im so glad because I love my RNY and I know it was the right choice for me..either way you will still loose what you want to loose..
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 471 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views