New here, DS scheduled, guess I'm a "lightweight"

HeatherLynn
on 10/31/11 6:22 am - TX
 I posted on the DS forums and was told about this board, so I thought I would say hello.  My BMI is 37.4. My husband and I are doing the surgery on the same day, back to back. His experience is surely to be different as 1) he is not me and 2) his BMI is 48.2. 

As I shared over there, I am just sick of being told I am not "fat enough" to have this proceedure. I gain every year. I diet, and I don't succeed. Why should I wait to do it until other's find it an "acceptable" time? Anyhow, that is just my gripe. I am finished with that now. 

I look forward to "meeting" you all. 
MajorMom
on 10/31/11 6:35 am - VA
Welcome and congratulations on getting your date! Good to have you here.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 10/31/11 6:47 am - Mills River, NC
Hurray that you have your date and that you found us.  Yep, we have all heard that line before, you're not big enough. 

You and DH will find more in common that different although your journeys wouldn't be identical.  We have another husband and wife duo here that had DS.  You probably know them from that board too.  Best of luck to both of you as you work toward getting healthy. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Ruthie D.
on 10/31/11 7:23 am - Mayer, AZ
Welcome aboard Heather!!  Glad to have you!!   We're a smorgasbord of different shapes, sizes and surgeries over here and we celebrate our commonalities!!   Although some out there in the Wild Woods of "the rest of the board" may not want to acknowledge it, we all have things in common even if our surgeries are different.  LOL   Lots of support and praise to be found here on the LW forum!  
       LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
southernlady5464
on 10/31/11 7:31 am
Welcome to the lightweight board, Heather. I think it's great that you and your hubby will be doing this together...just never compare the AMOUNT of weight you lose versus what HE loses or both of you will be nuts.

I am one half of the DS team that Price mentioned. My hubby is cbramsey5898 He had his 5 weeks before I had mine. However we both reached goal at about the same time. I've changed my goal to a new number but if I stay put, I'm fine.

We do celebrate each lose we each had but the amount is not important. And don't be the food police with each other...make your house a safe haven for both of you.

You will both do great...welcome.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

determineddanni
on 10/31/11 9:04 am
WELCOME! I am new to this board but they are awesome ladies here:) Grats on getting a surgery date!
lerkhart
on 10/31/11 11:15 am
Welcome to the LW Board.  Congratulations on getting your date. 
I think it is cool that you and your husband are doing the surgery together.  What great support you will be for each other.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
MacMadame
on 10/31/11 11:40 am - Northern, CA
Yeah, I hate being told I'm not fat enough. People say things like:

If I were you, I'd just diet and exercise to lose the weight.

I say back:

Well, once you were my weight. So how did dieting work for you back then? 

Yeah, that's what I thought.

It shuts them up even if it doesn't convince them.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

aspan
on 10/31/11 1:15 pm
Glad you are here! My husband had weight loss surgery first (sleeve) and had a lot of weight to loose...everyone supported him. but not so much with me when I decided to have it (rny) about 8 months later..even though I had over a hundred pounds to loose..that was surprising but I stuck with it and I am SO glad I did! first of all, reached a normal weight, and second of all..I stopped sabotaging my husbands weight loss without even realizing it...we really support each other and for that alone I would recommend to do it as a couple. Keep your head held high and do what you know what is right for you and your husband!
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 414 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views