Long time no post...just checking in!!

Amy P.
on 12/27/11 4:34 am - Liberty Lake, WA
Hello alll.....it has been so long since I have been on OH or posted! I hope this finds you all well and enjoying the holiday season!

I just passed my 9 month mark and am down 77 pounds total. What a year this has been!!  While I still have about 16 pounds to goal, I admit that I feel AMAZING.

I just looked at some photos from Christmas last year before surgery....I had no idea I looked (and was!) that fat. Holy smokes....I must have been looking at myself in the mirror through carb-goggles---if beer-goggles make you appear cute when drunk, I figure carb-goggles make us look thinner than we are!   

My Ortho Surgeon said that I should stop messing around and just get my hip replaced so I can actually enjoy this weight loss...so I'll have to put that on my radar for later this year!

On a side note...I was able to refer a co-worker today. She finally said that she just can't do the weight loss herself and needs help. I told her admitting and accepting help is the biggest step...the rest falls into place.

Hope you all have a happy New Year and I'll post some pics this weekend.
                                HT 5'3"~HW 218~SW 208~GW 125

Price S.
on 12/27/11 4:39 am - Mills River, NC
Congrat on your success, Amy.  They say hips are much easier than knees, which would be good cause this hasn't been fun.  I can just imagine how much worse it would be if I was still carrying around another 100lbs.

those last #s will come off.  It took a while for my last ones but I am lower now than I ever thought possible. 

Happy holiday.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Amy P.
on 12/27/11 4:43 am - Liberty Lake, WA
I have also heard that the hips are much easier. They do anterior approach now so they don't have to take off all the muscles from the greater trochanter. Hard to believe the surgery will only be about 90 minutes. He said walker to crutches to cane to nothing within 3 weeks and then no follow ups with him after 60 days. With the new ceramic hips he said that they are lasting 30+ years!  I am ready...as soon as I can take 2-3 weeks off of work!

My cousin is only 44 and she just had her knee replaced and said that it was much worse than she was expecting...and she wasn't heavy either.  Best wishes that you recovery speeds up and you will be better than before in no time!

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/11 8:44 am, edited 12/27/11 8:46 am
 my Mom had a double hip replacement in her mid seveties.  She walked the same day as the operation .  The stretching rehab (  done by my Dad ) was very painful ... BUT    She's  now running ,  hiking  , crawling ( on the sailboat )  and happily swimming a mile day like  a little girl lol .   She's  the biggest energetic ball  of energy pain in the azz   U can IMAGINE ( but all in a good way  ) 

Do IT 

Don't live with debilitating Pain     
Amy P.
on 12/27/11 9:27 pm - Liberty Lake, WA
Thanks for the story about your mom...most people I have talked to that have had it done or a close relative tell me that I am crazy for waiting. It is to the point that I only buy slip-on shoes since I can't bend that leg enough to tie my right shoe

lerkhart
on 12/28/11 6:26 am
Hi Amy,
It is good to hear from you.  Congratulations on your success so far!!

Good luck on your hip.  Let us know if you have the surgery and how you are doing.

Can't wait to see the pics.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views