Friday, Just for fun. Late again

Price S.
on 12/31/11 10:49 pm, edited 1/1/12 12:02 am - Mills River, NC
Maybe the fun is trying to guess what day I will remember to post Friday just for fun.

1. Did you watch the New Year come in last night?

2. Any resolutions last year? Did you keep them?

3. Any resolutions this year?

4. Any family, regional special New Year's meals?

1. Nope. I was in bed at 10:30.

2. No resolutions although I was intent on making this WLS work.

3. I have joined a local gym and am determined to get past this knee surgery and rebuild my strenght. Stay in my weight range and learn how to work maintainance. Survive the new work regulations and stay in business.

4. Being from the south, it's black eyed peas, collards and pork. I'm going to a friend's family New Years meal and I'm sure all of that will be there.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

kimberly_gr
on 12/31/11 11:58 pm, edited 1/1/12 12:38 am
1. No, I too was asleep by 10:30 although I heard the neighbors setting off fireworks and it slightly woke me. So maybe technically I was actually awake?

2. I think last year I resolved to be better about keeping track of people's birthdays and sending more cards.  That resolution didn't come to fruition.  I'm not as thoughtful as I want to be.

3. No formal resolutions yet, but I do want to concentrate on losing the last 5-10 lbs.

4. Pork and sauerkraut is what we do.  I'm not quite sure why that's such a tradition, but it's yummy so I'll go with it.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

Price S.
on 1/1/12 12:03 am - Mills River, NC
Hi Kim.  I added another question after you had already answered.  Catch it if you want.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

MajorMom
on 1/1/12 12:35 am - VA
 1)  I might have. I think I woke up about 3 times during the night. lol  Went to bed around 8:30.

2)  Don't remember last year's resolution.

3)  This year is quality over quantity and value over cost.

4)  Black-eyed peas, greens, pork---check.  Ham and bacon seasoning will have to represent the pork.

Happy New Year!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Kaysmommy
on 1/1/12 2:11 am - Silver City, NM
1.  I sure did not, I was in bed about 11:15.   LOL, But I did get woken up by people outside with noise makers.  

2.  I had a resolution to lose weight and ask my doc about WLS.  Well 93 pounds down from last year, I think I did actually follow through with a resolution.  

3.  I just want to keep going on the track I am going on with losing weight.  I also want to start trying to save money.  Its so hard now especially when hubby is deployed, and shopping is my love.  

4.  I made Posole last night.  It was awesome as always.  Its a New Mexican tradition for holidays, and since I had people over last night I thought it would be good to make.  I think its pretty healthy too.   I also personally make Pinto beans for any gathering, so there was a homemade pot of those also.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jody ***
on 1/1/12 3:19 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Hi Price!

1.  Did you watch the New Year come in last night? Yes, on TV.  Vacationing at Daytona beach and went down to Main St - when it got stupid, we left. 

2.  Any resolutions last year?  Did you keep them?  No resoutions last year.

3.  Any resolutions this year? Yes, the dreaded "I've got to lose weight".  I've put on more than I'm comfy with and my mind is set to deal with it now.

4.  Any family, regional special New Year's meals?  Nope, even when not on vacation, we don't do that. 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Ladytazz
on 1/1/12 5:02 am
1.  Did you watch the New Year come in last night?
I stayed up.  I knew the idiots around here would be setting off fireworks and I was right.  It didn't quiet down until around 1 am.
2.  Any resolutions last year?  Did you keep them?
Nothing written down but I am sure it was to lose weight, learn to maintain and to be better with money.  I lost the weight, working on the maintaining thing and I suck with money.

3.  Any resolutions this year?
Of course.  This year it is to continue to stay away from sugar and gluten, to put on some weight (go figure) in a healthy way, get in more activity, finish school and get a job and be better with money.

4.  Any family, regional special New Year's meals?
Nope.  My daughter is going to be gone for the night so I
 am going solo, leftover roast is on the agenda.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

MacMadame
on 1/1/12 6:37 am - Northern, CA
Maybe the fun is trying to guess what day I will remember to post Friday just for fun.  

You could start calling it the Weekend Just for Fun. 

1.  Did you watch the New Year come in last night?

Yep. I went to a party and everything.

2.  Any resolutions last year?  Did you keep them?

I don't do NY resolutions

3.  Any resolutions this year?

See above.

4.  Any family, regional special New Year's meals?

No. We do for Thanksgiving and Christmas but not New Years.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

lerkhart
on 1/1/12 6:52 am
Hi Price,

1.  Did you watch the New Year come in last night?  I did not stay up.   DGD's spent the night and we were all in bed by 10:30pm.

2.  Any resolutions last year?  Did you keep them?  I don't remember if I made any last year - if I did it was probably to exercise more and I did exercise more this year than I probably ever have.
One of my goals for last year was to do the Peachtree Road Race - I did it.

3.  Any resolutions this year?  To continue with Exercise - I'm so glad I don't have to start a diet this year!! 

4.  Any family, regional special New Year's meals?  We always have black eye peas for luck and greens(collards) for money!! 

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
grdn_grl
on 1/1/12 12:58 pm
Hi Price!!!

1. Did you watch the New Year come in last night?

Yes, went to a small get together and was outside around a fire pit and patio heater with some very nice people!!

2. Any resolutions last year? Did you keep them?

I resolved to work on my health and happiness - Yes to both!!!

3. Any resolutions this year?

Yes - more work to be done, but this time with the VSG Dec 19 I feel I am going to get better and better!!!

4. Any family, regional special New Year's meals?

No but now I want to start one!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views