Friday, Just for fun

Price S.
on 1/13/12 11:32 am - Mills River, NC
Surprise, it's Friday still and I remembered. 

1)  How are you doing on your New Year's Resolutions?

2)  What are your favorite HOT protein drinks?

3)  Did you learn anything about yourself during the holidays extreme food times that you will use in the future?

1) Resolutions?  What Resolutions?  Actually, I have been concentrating on getting my knee moving and the new work requlations and haven't had time to think of much else.

2)  Decaf coffee protein with almost any kind of protein added, protein hot chocolate.  Hopefully you guys will have some other options cause I am having a hard time drinking anything with ice in this cold.  I've been drinking my lemon tea at room temp. with no ice.

3)  I thought I didn't dump but after a whole piece of pecan pie, I think I did.  So I can handle small amounts of sugar but not large ones.  The rest of the holiday, I stayed away from sugar except for a piece of chocolate, one a day.  The other thing I learned is at a multi course meal, even a bite or two of each course is too much.  If I want any of the main course, I have to skip most of the other courses before and maybe after. 

Next......

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Jody ***
on 1/13/12 11:50 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Hi Price!!!

1) How are you doing on your New Year's Resolutions?  Ummm - not so good...

2) What are your favorite HOT protein drinks?  protein coffee WITH caffeine!!  Had a protein hot chocolate today!

3) Did you learn anything about yourself during the holidays extreme food times that you will use in the future?  Not this year - last year I learned that sugar and I didn't hate each other so much anymore... not a good thing...

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Ladytazz
on 1/13/12 3:58 pm
I didn't really  have resolutions, more like goals.  One of my goals was to go back to school.  I will start on Wednesday.  Another was to get to a healthy weight.  Sitll in process.  And to be better with money.  To soon to tell.
2)  What are your favorite HOT protein drinks?
I go through phases.  For a long time it was to hot salted caramel cocoa but lately I have been having hot raspberry cocoa.

3)  Did you learn anything about yourself during the holidays extreme food times that you will use in the future?
This was my second holiday season since my revision and I
 really didn't have any issues.  I kind of plan ahead what I can eat and as long as it is sugar free and gluten free I have a bite or two.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

MajorMom
on 1/13/12 5:50 pm - VA
1)  Resolution was to think more about value over price and I'm trying to keep that in mind when I need to buy things.

2) Best hot protein is IDS vanilla-cinnamon with coffee but I've also been making protein SF peppermint chocolate coffee. Starbucks hasn't got a thing over this...good stuff. 

3) During the holidays I learned that I can add too many carbs even if I don't really care for the particular sweet. Just because I can doesn't mean I should is the lesson learned.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Kermit P.
on 1/13/12 10:41 pm
1) No new resolutions but I have started adding a spin class once a week at the gym.  I wanted to change it up and although I can run it is not something I always enjoy.  I am liking spinning too!

2) I drink protein coffee every day and LOVE it!  I loved my diet coke in AM presurgery so this is a good compromise.  I was caffeine free for 3 months post surgery but am drinking it again....usually have 1 cup caf and 1 cup decaf each morning which holds me until noon most of the time which is GREAT!!  I tend to not like it flavored though.

3) I did very well over the holidays.  Mainly this is due to me not knowing if I dum*****t.  I would never have bet on myself that I could have held off this long with sugar and high carbs but with my slow loss of weight I need to know that I did about everything I could to get this weight off.  I also made a few treats such as mini protein cheesecakes and a low carb pumpkin pie for the family so I could enjoy.  I am sure next Christmas will be harder but this year it was nice to just abstain.  Also, it is interesting with the weight, my body gets smaller yet the weight doesnt change.  So crazy!!!  Yet still grateful.  :)

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
lerkhart
on 1/13/12 11:45 pm
Hi Price,

I didn't actually make any resolutions - I did have a goal to get back into the gym and exercise - so far it is not working very good.  It is sooo cold and I now hate the cold and January is a really tough month at work - excuses, excuses - I know!!

2)  What are your favorite HOT protein drinks?  I love my Decaf Coffee with the Syntrax Nectar Cappuccino and I have a new one the Peppermint Mocha Decaf Coffee.

3)  Did you learn anything about yourself during the holidays extreme food times that you will use in the future?  I learned that if I don't really watch what I'm doing I could eat a lot of bad foods-not all at one time, but over the day I can put away alot...  Struggled with carbs and sweets.  I can eat some sweets and if you eat a little every hour or so it really adds up.  I am still a stress eater and a bored eater.  I need to stay stress free and busy with something that I like to do--haha!!

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Price S.
on 1/14/12 12:17 am - Mills River, NC
I never thought of myself as a stress eater.  In fact, I have always felt like I handled stress pretty well.  But this knee has me stressing in a different way and I find after I do my exercises or when it is hurting, I want to eat.  That plus I'm such an outdoor person that all this being in the house has me in here with food instead of out playing.  It has been a different time for me.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Lee ~
on 1/14/12 12:37 am - CA
 I don't really make resolutions, I just visualize what I'd like in the upcoming year. My son and I do this together.

Here's my list of three.

1. Start to rebuild strength lost during plastics.  Yesterday at five weeks post op, I walked the 3.25 mile lake path for the first time going that far.  I was very pleased and will do it again today.

2.  Welcome abundance.  I was terminated on 12/31 after 18 years senior management.  No job yet but visualizing the best.

3.welcome a great guy into my life.  Had a wonderful second date with someone this week.  Planning to see more of each other.

I don't like protein coffee but have an occasional protein cocoa.  I'll make one this morning.  I just don't like sweet coffee at all.

I learned that being out of the county having plastics was a great way to avoid holiday food!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views