Hot Dogs

kimberly_gr
on 1/23/12 8:40 am
Ok, I know hot dogs sounds like a bad for you food, but even before WLS, I would have turkey dogs, on a light bun, and it really wasn't that many calories.

I've tried having them since surgery, and they just don't sit well on my stomach.  I have the same experience with turkey keilbasa.  Have any of you had success with any particular varieties of hot dogs?

I'd really like to reincorporate them; my husband misses having them, and I sort of miss having beans and weinies.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

Lee ~
on 1/23/12 8:44 am - CA
 I've had the Aidell's sausages since surgery.  Very yummy!  They are always sampling the various flavors at Costco so I just sample and don't buy.  They sit well in my Sleevie.

I had a hotdog at a baseball game in September and that did ok as we'll.  I think it was a Hebrew National beef hotdog.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Tonya499
on 1/23/12 9:47 am - Riverton, UT
 I had half a ball park deli style beef frank the other night for dinner.  I chopped it up in tiny pieces and chewed it to death.  No problems at all.

Start weight 226. Surgery weight 218 on 1/6/12    
lerkhart
on 1/23/12 7:53 pm
 I eat hot dogs.  Not very often though since they are probably not one of our better choices.  I did not try them until I was probably atleast a year out.  I can handle all kinds.  I usually don't eat much of the bun if any.  The soft bread does not sit well.  I have had Beenie weenies with my DGD's.

If you had bread with it, I bet it was the bread.  You might try the lowest fat one you can find if fats bothers you.  

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Price S.
on 1/23/12 8:20 pm - Mills River, NC
I think my first hot dog was in a tiny airport where that was the best choice they had for me, really.  I haven't had problems with any.  I do turkey keilbasa and beans or kraut every few weeks because my family loves it.  I don't do any bread with it.  I haven't had a problem with any variety of keilbasa or hot dog but I try to buy good ones, high meat, low fat.  But again, I typically have a cast iron pouch.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 1/24/12 12:37 am - Butler, PA
I love hot dogs!  Before surgery I was one of those people who got all excited when I saw a hot dog vendor outside of Walmart or someone doing a fun raiser...lol

I couldn't eat them for a really long time because they tasted so salty to me.  My tastes were really wacko for awhile. Now, I still can't eat the all beef ones.  The only brand that I've found that I really enjoy is the Sugardale.  I think they are made out of chicken and pork.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...