I,m back - doing better. Computer died and fianlly got a new computer

rbb825
on 1/24/12 2:08 pm - Suffern, NY
Itis nice to be back online.  I got a terrible virus on my PC and can't use it.  Finally got a new laptop last week and was finally hooked up to cable today.  Nice to be back.

I have been having a terrible time still with chronic bladder infections since kidney stone surgeries in October and November.  I have been on 3 different antibiotics and most recently Diflucan for yeast in the urine.  The best part of the diflucan is that for some strange reason, it stopped my chronic diarhea that I have had since the reversal of my illiostomy last February.  It also reversed my lactose intolerance.  2 weeks ago, anything I ate I was in the bathroom immediately.  If I drank or at anytime dairy, even with 4 lactaid pills - I would spend the next 2-3 hours in the bathroom with unbelievable diarhea, even with lactaid milk.  Now, after the diflucan, I can eat or drink anything.  I had pizza today and a ham/cheese sandwich yestarday.  Really weird and with no lactaid pills at all.  The same thing happened back in July when I had a positive urine culture for yeast and was put on Difucan.  Somehow, the yeast is affecting my bowels.

I don't know if I will be able to get them to give me diflucan every few months but we will see how it goes.  I went for another urine culture yestarday and will get the results next week when I see the infectious disease doctor - they made me see one since the infections are so chronic and have become very resistant - and I am allergic to most antibiotics.  I was told that if this culture is positive, I have to go into the hospital for IV antibiotics - took all orals that I am not allergic to with no success.

Thank goodness my abdominal pain is alot better.  The steroid injection that my surgeon gave me a few months ago, did wonders. IT really broke up the scare tissue.

now I am just dealing with the constant pain of my incisional hernia but with my history, I have to live with it unless it becomes dangerous.

I get a CT scan in 2 months to check on the kidney stones.

My labs were pretty good considering what I have been through and the fact that I had to stop most vitamins for 7 weeks due to my 3 kidney stone surgeries.  When I get a chance, I will try to post them but for now, I have a ton to catch up on after being offline for 1 month.

MajorMom
on 1/24/12 6:42 pm - VA
Welcome back! I'm glad you;re doing better and have gotten some relief through the new antibiotic.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 1/24/12 7:51 pm - Mills River, NC
Life sounds better at least.  Hopefully things will continue to improve for you.  

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 1/24/12 11:59 pm - Butler, PA
Happy you are back and glad for the update!  Sounds like things are going better.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

lerkhart
on 1/25/12 1:18 am
Welcome back.  I can't imagine not being able to get on line - I know that I am way too attached!!

Hope they can get your bladder infections under control.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
italianspice
on 1/25/12 8:26 pm - Eastlake, OH
Glad you are back and doing better!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Lee ~
on 1/25/12 11:25 pm - CA
Welcome Back!!  How great that you're getting a little bit of relief.  I hope it continues for you!!  I'm glad your labs didn't completely tank while you were off your vitamins.

It's always nice to see you here.  We miss you when you're gone.  You're one of our good researchers and always have good information to share along this journey!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

rbb825
on 1/26/12 10:53 am - Suffern, NY
Hi Lee,

thanks. it is good to be back.  You look great and hope you are doing well.

I may not be here as often as I used to be but I am always here to help when people need my
expertese.  I keeps me up on my information and if I don't know it off the top of my, I will always look it up.

Always know that if you ever need anything, feel free to e-mail me - I do check that all the time.  I can send you my e-mail in a PM if you would like.

randi

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/12 5:43 am
 Welcome back ! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 305 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 495 views