My Gallbladder

Kaysmommy
on 2/2/12 7:37 am - Silver City, NM
Well all my stomach cramping is because I need my gallbladder out.  I spent about 5 hours in the ER this morning, and after the ultrasound that is the conclusion of the ER doctor and surgical staff.   Although they say it is not an emergency, so they sent me home on pain meds.  Now I am waiting on a call from the surgical clinic at the hospital to schedule my consult.   I see my surgeon on Wednesday in the clinic anyways for a follow up appointment, so if I dont hear something by then I know he will make sure it gets taken care of.  Im glad I know what it is, I was afraid they would tell me Im crazy or something.  After all it is a military hospital and told me over and over again when I was having all my complications I was overreacting, then shortly after would get all concerned like I never told them what was going on.  So hopefully they can schedule me soon, I hate taking medications, especially pain meds.   Im actually not to stressed about it right now, my husband already knows.  I was back getting the ultrasound today when he called so I missed his call.   Thankfully he called my aunt shortly after and she told him what was going on.  So after I got home he called me.  Its good to know even though he is so far away he still knows what is going on.  

Aimee

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MajorMom
on 2/2/12 8:10 am - VA
Oh, man! I'm glad they figured out what was wrong and you got the info to your DH. Please keep us posted too. Don't be to afraid of those pain meds. If you need them and they can't get you in to the OR--take them.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

lerkhart
on 2/2/12 9:22 am
Glad they figured out what was causing your problems.  I lived on pain medicine before they took mine out years ago(prior to WLS).
Good luck and keep us updated.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Price S.
on 2/2/12 9:49 am - Mills River, NC
i had mine out years ago.  So long ago they were still doing the open instead of lap.  The lap surgery is pretty easy so soon enough, you will feel better and it will be over.  gall bladders are problems for lots who have big weighloss.  Mine was after I lost 60 lbs on WW.  glad you know what it is and can get it fixed.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Panda ..
on 2/2/12 10:27 am
kimberly_gr
on 2/2/12 8:16 pm
Gallbladder attacks are a strange feeling.  I had mine out before WLS, and when I went to the ER I was told it was indigestion. Hmmmm.

Also when I had appendicitis I was told by the urgent care doc I was just constipated (even after I told her I pooped every day).  Hmmmm. 

Always trust your gut when something abnormal is going on.  I hope you can get your surgery soon so you feel better.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

Lee ~
on 2/3/12 12:28 am - CA
 That's what I wrote in your post earlier this week.  I had a hunch that was it.  I had mine out three months before I got my sleeve.  You'll be so much happier with it out.

I'm glad you know what the problem is and can be treated.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 414 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views