So Excited to Find You Here!!

akjustagirl
on 2/9/12 1:00 pm
RNY on 04/09/12
I can't tell you how happy I am that I stumbled across this forum.  So many people have told me that I am too small to have this surgery.  There are tons of us!  It makes me feel so much better about my decision!  Thank you all!!

bowknot
on 2/9/12 1:11 pm
Welcome! This is a wonderful group of people.

Kay
MajorMom
on 2/9/12 5:44 pm - VA
Welcome aboard!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Caitlyn_Cat
on 2/9/12 8:14 pm
I see you have less than 2 months to go until surgery.  How exciting!  Take this time to ask any questions you might have.  I also suggest getting your home and kitchen ready for the big changes to come.   

Height: 5'5" / HW: 223 / SW: 196 / GW: 125 reached 12/22/2011 / CW: 121    
akjustagirl
on 2/10/12 1:04 am
RNY on 04/09/12
Any suggestions on where I can find information about how to get my home and kitchen ready?  I have read about a lot of stuff but am always looking for more information to make the transition a little easier.  I love gadgets!!  Anything that makes my very busy life a little easier!

Price S.
on 2/9/12 8:22 pm - Mills River, NC
Welcome aboard.  Yep, there are lots of us and we are a great support to each other.  Hang on, it is quite a ride. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Diana C.
on 2/9/12 10:16 pm, edited 2/9/12 10:17 pm - Austin, TX
RNY on 06/28/11 with
Congrats on your upcoming surgery!  Take the advice of Caitlyn and ask as many questions pre-op on here as you can.  There's a lot to learn/know!
lerkhart
on 2/10/12 1:32 am
Welcome to the LW Board.  Hope you will love it here as much as I do. 

I used my magic bullet a lot in the beginning.  I still ocassionally use it for protein drinks.  I wouldn't buy a lot of food/protein because your taste will probably change a lot.  All surgeons plans are different about how you progress on to puree, soft, regular food.  You will need measuring cups/spoons.  They gave me the little medicine cups at the hospital and I used those a lot - still use them some now.

Feel free to send us any questions, we love to answer them!!  Good luck and get ready for the ride of your life!!!

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Kermit P.
on 2/10/12 7:53 am
I know that sometime many moons ago, I saw someone post and in their signature was the ligfhtweights board.  I was blessed to find this board presurgery and you will find it so helpful.

Things I bought that I rarely use: small blender, shaker bottles, many of the samples of protein as I wanted to sample a lot of fruity flavors (hated them after surgery).

Things that I use almost a year out....small plates and little bowls that I bought at Ikea.  Small spoons and forks (baby ones or some I got at World Market).  Insulated water cups.

Different people use different stuff....you will figure it out. 

Some things I am thrilled to learn about on OH and that have saved me: protein coffee, protein ice cream, mixing SF pudding mix into greek yogurt, etc.

Biggest piece of advice...read all you can presurgery....

You will do great!!

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
akjustagirl
on 2/10/12 8:23 am
RNY on 04/09/12
Thank you everyone!  I am so excited!!  I look forward to sharing with all of you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 300 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 426 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 487 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 506 views