What to eat? That is the question ....

TiffLori86
on 2/28/12 11:12 pm - Chester, PA
Good morning all,

I am wondering if you all know of any recipes for 2 months post ops ( cannot believe its been 2 months already!!) I have been eating mostly tuna, grapes, cheese, hard boiled eggs and protein shakes. time has not been on my side for the past few weeks as I have been working doubles on days I don't have class and studying for midterms. But spring break is upon me and I am trying to go food shopping and at a loss of where to begin. Chicken has ok but I must eat slow ...I am still in somewhat of a lull but losing inches so I'm terrified of even going near carbs which was my drug of choice prior to surgery. Any suggestions??

Thanks have a wonderful day
Tiffany

lerkhart
on 2/29/12 1:39 am
Hi Tiffany,
Not sure what you schedule for what you can eat it, but here are some ideas.

I ate a lot of chili, both beef & white chicken chili.  I would cook it on the weekends and eat it all week long.  I also love Wendy's chili.  I try to do my cooking on the weekends and just eat on it all week long.  I ate a lot of egg salad.

There have been a couple of good recipes posted this week.  I posted one yesterday from the RNY board - it is on Roz's Menus and Miles on my posting.  Pizza chips - they are really good.  I dip mine in a little pizza sauce so they won't be so dry.

Yaseem posted a great pizza recipe this past weekend that you use chicken & cheese as the crust.  I made it and it was great.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Price S.
on 2/29/12 6:39 am - Mills River, NC
Meatloaf, bean soup, meatballs, scallops, white fish or salmon, chicken thighs cooked in the crockpot with a can of soup.

I would still stick to moist meats.  Taco meat, spagitte sauce.  Taco bake, refried beans. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Jody ***
on 2/29/12 9:35 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
For the longest time I LOVED FF refried beans with some melted cheese, salsa and sour cream - still enjoy it once in awhile. 

egg/chicken salads - make them moist

Its been so long.. hard to remember what I was eating then, but these are some of the things that I've continued to eat.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

TiffLori86
on 2/29/12 9:12 pm - Chester, PA
Thanks everyone that's such a help .... Ive gotten some fat free 100 calorie yogurt to add in as well its got 12g carbs is that bad? It's all the kinds of things I've been sticking to with some new things to try. I really appreciate it. Also Roz I think it was you who was telling me that the acid reflux meds were helpful in curbing "starvation" mode....thank you so much that has helped tremendously!!! I still have days where I can't get food off my.mind and its constant grapes and cheese all day but for the most part it helps with the cravings..

You guys are awesome!!!! Thanks so much
Tiffany

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 297 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 422 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 483 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 502 views