Throat surgery

Margaret Smith
on 3/15/13 8:38 am - Lake Wales, FL

Ok Surgery repair on throat trach was wed am havent talked to dr himself yet but hby tells me doctor said he got infection and repaired neck,,I have dr appt next wed I have 12 stiches on outside and they are so neatly in place,yaaa  the nurses told me the way he stiches up most ppl dont even have scar's  but he cut my old ugly scar out and pulled skin down to base of neck and stiched me in last row of skin at base of neck,But let me tell you *I HAVE NEVER EVER HAD PAIN THIS BAD BEFORE* This pain is pretty bad,I was ready to go to ER seens Wed afternoon for the pain ,and my surgery was Wed morning,The burning,pulling omg set me on my last nerve,It hurt so bad and I didnt get no rest until late this morning,and I finely got to lay in my bed and rest a few hours and was able to breath why in bed,so it looks like surgery worked on helping with that.Will update more after dr appt next wed.

Thanks for all the prayers you sent my way.

Margaret

Lauren B.
on 3/15/13 11:26 am - Suffolk County, NY

Sounds like you are beginning to feel better. Sending you well wishes!!!

RNY 8/27/09 SW: 250 LW: 170 CW: 175 On the right path again!!!  

35 pounds of regain!!! 30 lost!!! Just a little more to go.

Price S.
on 3/15/13 11:30 am - Mills River, NC

sorry the pain has been so bad.  Keep up with the pain meds and don't let it get ahead of you if possible.  Praying for you to have a good weekend and a good report on Monday.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

MajorMom
on 3/15/13 8:40 pm - VA

I glad that's done and i hope your recovery goes quickly and smoothly. Hoping you can get the pain under control ASAP. : (

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Margaret Smith
on 3/16/13 8:56 am - Lake Wales, FL

OTYG,,,the pain has decided to finely get under control and not put me on my last nerve today,I havent had any pain med seens this morning,I'm still being very carefuly with neck cant move fast with stiches if I forget they remind me,lol .

I just wanted to update and say Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes sent my way because they sure did make me feel better,thanks again everyone,and hopeful Dr removes stiches on wed or he tells me they are disvolved ones,lol how I wish but I know he will remove these stiches. I hate that part I'm such a crybaby when it comes to pain.  heart

update you after I see Dr.

lerkhart
on 3/16/13 9:08 am

Glad you got the pain under control Margaret.  Hope you continue to do good!!

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
tljwins
on 3/16/13 11:53 am
Wow Margaret it sounds like you got a working over! I'll be praying for your speedy recovery!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 296 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 420 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 480 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 500 views