Think I'm having gallbladder attacks

Jenniflower75
on 1/11/15 4:45 am

Every day for the last three days after I eat in the evening I am having such severe pain that I can barely walk it hurts close to my ribs on the right side. A few inches left of that it hurts to even touch my skin. I get so bloated that I can't wear pants or bra and I just can't take it. This started Friday Evening and is still going on. I'm going to call dr tomorrow but wanted to know what they do for this? What tests do they run?

MajorMom
on 1/11/15 5:45 am - VA

Just wanted to wish you well. I hope the doc can help. Feel better.  :(

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Jenniflower75
on 1/11/15 5:46 am

Thank you, I'm hoping I can get in to see him tomorrow

Price S.
on 1/11/15 5:55 am - Mills River, NC

When I had gallbladder attacks, it felt like I had a brick under my ribs on the right side and my back hurt.  Gallbladder problems are very common after weightloss.  I immediately scheduled surgery.  I wasn't willing to see what may help.  This was years ago.  Back then, they did an ultra sound to diagnosis.  Not sure what they use now.

Go to an urgent care if you can't see the dr.  It is really miserable and there may be something they can give you to help. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Jenniflower75
on 1/11/15 6:00 am

This feels more like a brick with a knife attached Ugh it's so painful and miserable. I get bloated and can't wear any of my cloths, I have to get in a night gown. I can barely walk when it starts I can't stand up straight. I can't wait to talk to the doctor tomorrow. I hope they do something quick!! Its behind and under my rib cage, right side, and it hurts so bad... goes into my back. I thought it was my appendix at first but never got a fever and I guess it's higher than appendix. Then I realized it was worse after eating. Oh I hope that they do something soon.

southernlady5464
on 1/11/15 6:10 am

If it gets really bad, head to the ER.

Any of these tests are run:

Imaging tests used to diagnose gallbladder problems include:

• An ultrasound. This is the most commonly used of the diagnostic tests for gallbladder problems. While very effective in diagnosing even very small gallstones, it can't always clearly diagnose cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder).
  • X-rays. An abdominal X-ray can spot gas and some types of gallstones containing calcium. Some X-ray types require that a patient swallow a dye or have dye injected into the body so the X-ray can capture a clearer picture of the gallbladder.
  • Computed tomography (CT) scan. This imaging test uses a computer and X-rays to spot gallbladder problems, but isn't the most effective method of diagnosing gallstones. CT scans can help spot ruptures (tears in the gallbladder wall) and infections inside the gallbladder or its bile ducts.
  • Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) . Regular MRI, or another type called magnetic resonance cholangiography (MRC), can help diagnose stones in the bile ducts. MRC uses regular MRI imaging technology plus a dye administered into the bile duct. This test is very useful for diagnosing biliary tract (gallbladder and surrounding ducts) cancer, but may not be able to spot tiny stones or persistent infections.
  • Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) . This test uses an endoscope (a tube fitted with a tiny camera and light) that is inserted into the throat, down through the stomach, and into the small intestine. This test can help spot gallstones or problems in the bile ducts of the gallbladder — it's considered the "gold standard" when it comes to diagnosing stones blocking bile ducts, and allows for removal (using a small basket-like device) during the test. But there is a risk of complications, so the test is typically only given to people who are thought to be very likely to have stones blocking the bile ducts.
  • Cholescintigraphy (also called DISIDA, HIDA scan, or gallbladder radionuclide scan). A small amount of radioactive dye is administered, and then a scanning device is used to track the dye as it moves into the gallbladder. This screening method can spot a blocked duct and acute inflammation, but not chronic gallbladder inflammation or gallstones.

I had a CT scan and a HIDA scan.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Price S.
on 1/11/15 6:15 am - Mills River, NC

sounds to me like you need to go to the ER

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Jenniflower75
on 1/11/15 9:34 pm

Well Last night I wasn't too bad. I only had pain for an hour or so before I went to bed and it wasn't nearly as bad. I'm going to call the doctors office when they open today to schedule an appointment. 

lerkhart
on 1/12/15 12:55 am

Let us know what the doctor tells you.  Hope you feel better soon!!

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Jenniflower75
on 1/12/15 3:03 am

THank you

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...