Confessions of a Fat Lady

JB1114
on 6/2/16 9:41 am - Grain Valley, MO

That fat lady is me.  I was doing so well and losing regain then I took a temp job for 3 months that I didn't like but stayed because I had agreed to.  I was going to Weigh****chers but dropped out because I was working 6 days a week and didn't like going in the evening.  I tried the online version but didn't like it.  What do I do when I'm bored.....snack.  Even if your snacks are healthy you can have too much.  The boss provided food since it was a tax prep office.  There was healthy food but in the form of Lean Cuisine so I ate them most days. 

So, when that job was over I told the temp service I would work a day here and there but no long term jobs.  Last week they asked to go to a client where I had worked several times and really liked it.  It was to be for last Thursday and Friday and Tuesday, the 31st.  Well, the mail room person went into the hospital and the receptionist I was filling in for needed to do his job so I agreed to stay all week.  Ugh.  I can use the income but oh how I wish I was home enjoying my quilt making.  Only one more day and I will not come back next week whether the guy comes back Monday or not.  All I do is greet visitors and answer the phone but it's not a busy job at all.  I brought my laptop today so I could play on the Internet.  I swear I'm going to retire for good.  I'm not enjoying working like I used to.

I feel like a blimp.  We ate out last night and I ordered chicken strips.  BAD!!  I could have had them grilled.  No excuses for eating badly.  I did bring home half of them and gave to my son.  I do so much better at home.  Some days I have trouble getting in all my protein.  I replenished my protein this week.  I've got Unjury and have Click and Syntrax Nectar on order.  I just downloaded receipes from Unjury.  I have tons of recipes already so no reason not to be eating healthy.

Why do I sabotage myself.  Eight years ago I took drastic steps to lose weight and now I'm making bad choices.  I'm so angry with myself.  I did think once I had the surgery and lost the weight I wouldn't regain but I know differently.  That's something doctors should stress to patients that after the honeymoon stage, you have to watch your weight just like anyone else.

I'll quit ranting and focus on eating like I should.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

lykapal
on 6/2/16 10:40 am
RNY on 05/16/16

I don't know much, but I know from what I've read that once you start doing the right things your tool will still work for you.

Another thing I'm sure of -- don't beat yourself up over this. You're human, and we humans stumble and struggle. You're not alone. 

We're here for you.

49/F 4' 11" Highest Wt. 183.8--Surgery Wt. 173.0--Current Wt. 115.2--Goal Wt. 115.0

Price S.
on 6/2/16 3:02 pm - Mills River, NC

You had some regain and honestly, most of us do.  That is why they call it rebound.  It is very hard and I really don't think drs stress enough what you are going to have to do for the rest of your life to keep the weight off.  Loosing is the easy part, it is the rest of your life that is hard.  AND, what I say all the time, surgery is on your tummy not on your brain.  It is our brain that got us to the point of needing surgery for most of us.  Yes, some really have broken metabolisms but most of us over ate for some reason, stress, emotion, whatever.  And most of us do nothing to fix that until we are at this point and trying to figure out what is going on.

We can not eat like normal folks, never, ever.  Part of it is that we are tiny and need many fewer calories to sustain our tiny frames.  It means a life long commitment to eating healthy and not very much.

Don't beat yourself up unless confession is good for the soul, then dump it out big time.  Just get back on the wagon.  Life goes on.  I did find that the 5 day pouch test worked very well for me to get me back on track. 

from all of us

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 6/5/16 6:10 am - Butler, PA

Price....I LOVE this!  surgery is on your tummy not on your brain

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/16 4:47 pm

I can empathize with your struggle, my sister.  I'm the survivor of a lifelong battle with excess bites and my burgeoning body myself .

Here's the good news - I never thought I'd be not hungry and still not eat - that i'd not be food-focused anymore - that I'd be proud of my healthy body and not greatly overweight ...

I'm five years post op

For me, the issue is not " solved " but seems solveable ... I feel in control of my weight for the first time and am only twenty or so pounds away from " ideal " skinny-Minniehood ( which I'd LOVE to achieve particularly in a healthy non-dieting food and exercise loving gentle way )

These are my " secrets " I grow a pesticide -free garden and eat organically and fresh whenever I can.  I take a ton o f vitamins every single day .  I've altered my life to be as healthy full of beauty and stress-free as possible . I'm working on being more creative and productive .  I feel a lot of hope and excitement   for my  immediate and foreseeable future growth ( in other words i'm not bored frustrated or boring ) I travel instead  of eat . :) I imagine possible dates rather than new recipes ...

Roz !!!!
on 6/5/16 6:10 am - Butler, PA

Nice to see you!

Roz

on Maintenance

JB1114
on 6/3/16 8:16 am - Grain Valley, MO

Thank you for your kind words.  Yesterday was a much better day for eating.  When I joined OH before I had surgery, I asked why people were inquiring about various diet plans......Jenny Craig.....Weigh****chers, etc.  Why are you interested in weight loss programs since you've had WLS?  Their responses shocked me.  I certainly wouldn't regain weight after my surgery......famous last words.  I received a lot of good info before surgery, but I don't recall ever being told about regain after the initial weight loss.  I joined WWs and was doing well, but not that I'm retired, I just can't afford the $44.95 a month.  I've been working temp jobs, but I'm planning to give that up at the end of day today.  If I have extra money, I want to spend it on my crafts.  That $45 will go a long way in purchasing healthy protein powder and vitamins.

I've picked up some bad habits and fallen back into pre-WLS habits here and there.  I'm going to get out my original instructions given to me at the hospital and I've already told someone today I'm going to exercise at least 3 times next week.  One thing I'm really bad about is taking care of hubby and cooking what he likes instead of making things just for me.  He isn't demanding at all so it's just me wanting to please him.  He is always complimenting me on my cooking.  He would rather eat what I cook than go out.  He can eat what he wants and doesn't gain weight.  A little yard work and he loses a few pounds.  I look at a box donuts and gain 5 lbs.  Hubby likes an evening snack and that makes me want something whether I'm hungry or not.  Tonight I'm going to tell him he will need to get his snack because it tempting to me to taste the ice cream or have a cookie.  I need to eat only if I'm really hungry and it needs to be a healthy snack.

I have been taking O-T-C vitamins but I now have Bariatric vitamins from Unjury and some really good protein powder, flavored and unflavored.  I'm making a fresh start.  Hubby hasn't said anything and he wouldn't, but I'm sure he has noticed my weight gain.  Most of my clothes fit but are a little more snug, but I have some things that are just too small.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Roz !!!!
on 6/5/16 6:19 am - Butler, PA

You have been through a lot of different cir****tances lately.  I know I don't do well with change and sometimes my feelings take over.  I like routine and do better eating the same things all of the time. It might be boring but it keeps me at goal without thinking about it.

How's your husband doing?  It sounds like he is doing much better.

It sounds like you have a plan!!  You can do this!!!!!!!  

Roz

on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 415 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...