Roller Coaster Ride

JB1114
on 6/24/16 1:06 pm - Grain Valley, MO

It's been a roller coaster ride the past 3 weeks.  DH was transferred to rehab last Thursday and the first few days were rocky.  Finally, Wednesday he turned the corner and is improving each day.  He did have a stroke and his speech was affected as well as his ability to walk.  He's getting therapy each day.  He may be dismissed July 2nd

I have to admit my eating hasn't always been the best.  Some bad choices here and there but no weight gain.  I have written down what I ate each day.  Yesterday I made Eggface's Quiche Bites and they were very good.  I've had the recipe for years but never tried it.  Until the last few months  didn't like the taste of eggs. 

I'll keep plugging away and hope to lose some lbs. before my surgiversary on July 8th.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Price S.
on 6/25/16 5:02 am - Mills River, NC

So sorry to hear about your DH.  Hope he continues to improve.  My DH had a tiny stroke a few years ago now that really only affected his left arm and hand but he never got back all his strength and use of that hand. 

It is hard to eat right with everything going on.  Hang in there and do your best.  I always feel better when I fill in with a protein drink so I know at least I have some high quality protein on board.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Laura in Texas
on 6/25/16 6:13 am

I'm glad your husband is showing improvement. My boyfriend had a stroke 13 months ago at the age of 46. He still has nerve pain in his leg, but otherwise has made a complete recovery. I wish the same for your husband.

For my boyfriend, it was the wake-up call he needed to take care of his health. Since then he is a completely changed person. He even wears a fitbit and gets in his 10,000 steps a day. We are both taking better care of ourselves now. No more excuses. Life is precious.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Roz !!!!
on 6/25/16 1:14 pm - Butler, PA

I didn't realize he had a stroke.  Happy to hear he is improving.  The rehab facility you chose must be doing a good job. Praying he improves every day!

I struggled with eggs digesting the first few years I don't have any trouble with them now.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...