Eating Out

JB1114
on 6/10/17 6:50 pm - Grain Valley, MO

Next month will 9 years since my RNY and I still have trouble eating out. I should have everything under control by now. I think I want to eat out but most every time, I make bad choices and I eat too much. Many times I've been so uncomfortable I had to make myself throw up. So, I spend money on a nice meal, eat too much and it comes back up. We don't eat out a lot. At home I don't overeat so why do I do it at a restaurant.

Today, we went to 54th Street Grill. DH and I ordered a burger on a pretzel roll to split and an order of Spinach Artichoke Dip. I ate part of the pretzel roll and most of the burger. I love the dip but I was really too full but I ate it anyway with chips.

Do others have trouble eating out?

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Roz !!!!
on 6/12/17 1:50 pm - Butler, PA

I use to panic when I had to order food out.

I do much better out than I do at home. I have a tendency to eat meat right out of the pan ( moister that way). I sometimes order from the kids menu but I've found that their portions aren't that small. DH and I usually always split when we go to a restaurant and that usually keeps me under control because he is a big eater.... We enjoy TX Roadhouse the best. We share steak and I get green beans. If we don't share I usually order an appetizer like shrimp skewer. I avoid fast food but that's hard when you are grabbing something in a hurry.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

karishka
on 7/5/17 12:31 pm

I throw out a lot of food when I eat out. I used to hate wasting the food and would save it for later. Now I remind myself that I paid to enjoy a meal, I have enjoyed it, and now I am done. I still get a little hung up on the waste of money but unfortunately that is what happens when I eat out. My husband and I do try to split meals. We both had the vsg so we try to split appetizers or something smaller.

Also, I feel like crap when I eat out. I use that to keep me in check because I know how bad I am going to feel after. It can definitely be a struggle.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 415 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views