Ginnny’s Posts

Ginnny
on 2/4/19 9:47 am
Topic: RE: First foods?

Protein, protein, protein. Never mind the carrots. cheese, deli meat, tuna, eggs, moist chicken, shrimp, chili....

check out theworldaccordingtoeggface she has tons of recipes for all stages. she makes a Ricotta Bake that many rave about.

You might find that early out you are eating the same food(s) for each meal. also to ensure you hit your protein goal use protein shakes until you can manage on real food. chicken can be hard for many. Try and keep it real moist, use dark meat, gravy.

Don't get caught up on what is "breakfast food" or lunch, etc. Any type of food can be any meal for me now.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Ginnny
on 2/2/19 4:04 pm
Topic: RE: New member to the WLS Lightweights

Awesome!

Ginnny
on 2/1/19 6:25 am

I would leave out the crackers going forward. It may say on your plan that they are allowed but most successful people here don't eat simple carbs during the weight loss phase. No potatoes, pasta, rice, bread, crackers, chips, etc. etc.

Protein protein protein, and then if there's room non starchy veg. It's up to you - you will still lose weight because the surgery is doing all the work, but if you avoid these things from the start it will make it much easier for you the further out you get.

Ginnny
on 1/31/19 1:06 pm

The Lightweight Board is not very active any more. You may find you get more feedback if you just post on the regular RNY forum.

Getting in your protein and liquids is your job right now. Sugar free popsicles, jello, protein shakes, decaf coffee/tea all count as liquids. Of course water is necessary too.

In the first weeks many people use protein shakes to make sure they hit their protein goals. I suggest you visit and participate in the daily menu thread on the RNY forum. You will get lots of meal ideas and get tons of support. Be sure to measure/weigh all your food and stop when it's done or sooner if you feel like you can't tolerate it. Many of your nerves have been cut and will take several weeks to heal. Don't push yourself.

Ginnny
on 1/10/19 8:21 am
Topic: RE: Hi Lightweights!!!!!

Hi Roz, hope all is well with you!

There are so many boards to post to so I think that is why you don't see much going on here. Even the main boards have been pretty quiet lately.

People just get busy and need to prioritize their time.

I hope that you are staying the course and continue to be successful.

Ginnny
on 10/22/18 10:45 am
Topic: RE: 10 Year Surgiversary!!!

Nice to see your post Roz. You are amazing maintaining at 10 years out. I hope I can be as successful as you!

Ginnny
on 10/2/18 9:58 am
Topic: RE: Hey Roz are you out there?

Hi Roz, I'm doing great! Maintaining below goal for quite awhile now. I exercise regularly and everything is going well.

It's nice to see you check in. I hope you and the family are all in good health! Take care, check back again soon!

Congrats on the Surgiversary!!

Ginnny
on 9/12/18 12:28 pm
Topic: RE: Two weeks to go

Good luck!!

Ginnny
on 7/31/18 12:35 pm
Topic: RE: Non-supportive people

Well good luck to you! Won't be long before you're on the loser's bench and feeling better!!

Ginnny
on 7/31/18 9:28 am
Topic: RE: Non-supportive people

I disagree that you have to tell them eventually. It's your health and quite frankly nobody else's business, other than your husband's of course. But even at that the decision is ultimately yours. My husband is the only one who knows that I had surgery. I'm not sure those people in my circle would even be aware of WLS - or maybe they are and suspect it, but its not a conversation we have.

I've lost 110 lbs, and people are like wow, I didn't think you were that big....well I'm also 5'11 so I carried it well, but if ya get out the pictures, yeah, I was that big!!

Tell them only if and when you are ready. Good luck!

Ginnny
on 5/16/18 7:42 am
Topic: RE: where are you buying iron supplements

Many use the iron patch from Patch MD. I have ordered them but haven't started them yet. I also take oral iron Proferrin.

Ginnny
on 5/16/18 7:40 am
Topic: RE: CHECKING IN

Good to here from you Roz. I hope all is going well for you and your husband and family.

Thanks for stopping by!

Ginnny
on 4/27/18 7:58 am
Topic: RE: Hey Roz are you out there?

Just thought I'd check in to see if everything is okay with you? I'm hoping it is and that you're just crazy busy.

Pop in and say hello if you're able.

Ginnny
on 3/15/18 5:25 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Wednesday March 15th

Roz, you missed a day!! This is my Thursday post.

Good morning! Been to the gym this morning and did 5 km on the elliptical and then abs and back work. Nothing on the go today, going to be a long boring day. I'll break it up with a walk at lunch (if my buddy remembers his walking clothes).

Post Op 23 mos (figuring out maintenance)

B1 - premier protein shake

B2 - 1/2 everything bagel, egg, cheese

S - 1.8 oz roast chicken breast (the real stuff), carrots/cucumber

L - spinach salad from yesterday

S - deli turkey, 30 gr old cheddar, 2 pickles

D - chicken cordon swiss

Total Cal 1358, Carbs 79, Protein 147

Ginnny
on 3/13/18 7:57 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Tuesday March 13th

Good morning Pouch Pals! Well last week was terrible. I had such a terrible cold and just didn't feel like eating. I'm better now and I do believe my appetite is back. Went to the gym this morning and did my 5 kms in just under 43 minutes. That's just a brisk walk for me, I don't like running.

B1 - Premier protein on the way to gym

B2 - 1/2 everything bagel, 1 egg, 1 slice cheese - I only ate about half of this because I put too much milk in my egg and it was a sloppy mess

S - greek yogurt with 2 oz blueberries, 30 gr coconut clusters

L - 5 chicken wings

S - cucumber/carrots/dip and 3 slices turkey/ham kielbasa

D - chicken Caesar salad

Total Cal 1451, Protein113, Carbs 74

Ginnny
on 3/8/18 6:38 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Thursday March 8th

Good morning everybody! Another great nights sleep last night I think maybe I'm turning the corner! YAY.

While I don't really care for this cold and snow I do love me some sunshine! What a beautiful looking day out there. I think they said the wind chill makes it feel like -13 BRRRR.

Post Op 22 + mos

B - 1/2 12 grain bagel with 1 tbsp. PB

S - oikos yogurt with 2 oz blueberries

L - 1 cup chili

S - 4 slices smoked turkey kielbasa, cheese string

D - spinach salad (same as lunch yesterday)

Have a great day all!

Ginnny
on 3/7/18 11:22 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Wed. March 7th

Hey Everybody!! I am so tired of seeing snow. Come on Spring, hurry up and arrive already!

Yesterday I thought I was feeling better. Last night was a good nights sleep but I got up soooo tired and promptly started a coughing fit. Geesh. I'm afraid I'll forget where the gym even is. LOL

Post Op 22 + mos

B - sautéed chicken with red pepper and onion, cheese, sour cream

S - yogurt w. coconut clusters

L - spinach salad with 1 oz blueberries, 1 oz strawberries, cranberry goat cheese (30 gr) and raspberry dressing

S - carrot sticks with a Pep N Cheddie

D - sirloin steak with Caesar salad

Total Cal 1161, Carbs 54, Protein 116

Have a great albeit snowy day.

Ginnny
on 1/11/18 10:00 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Thursday Jan. 11th

Good Afternoon LWs. Sorry to hear about your cousin Roz, man you've been through a **** ton lately! What a nice spring day. LOL. I went to the gym this morning and switched it up. Did 16 kms on the recumbent bike in the same amount of time I would have taken to walk 5 kms. Might use the bike more often. My legs were a little rubbery when I was done but feeling better now.

Post Op 21 months TODAY! Surgiversary!!

B1 - 1/3 Carb Killa Protein Bar

B2 - ham and cheese omelet

S - greek yogurt and 2.5 oz blueberries

L - chicken Caesar salad, clementine

S - deli turkey (4 slices), cucmbers

D - tomato braised beef (from a caterer so I just picked one from MFP, stats I'm sure are off)

S - protein hot chocolate

Total Cal 1149, Carbs 61, Protein 110

Have a great day!

Ginnny
on 1/10/18 11:43 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Wed. Jan. 10th

Good afternoon everyone! Another nice mild day. Was to the gym this morning and am feeling good!

Getting into the groove at work, projects are slowly starting to come in. Having said that, not much to do today, sadly.

Post Op 20+ mos

B1 - 1/3 Carb Killa protein bar (was so hungry on the way to the gym, hadn't really planned on this, it was in my lunch bag)

B2 - chili

S - 2 oz blueberries, 100 gr greek yogurt

L - 4 oz sautéed chicken, with red pepper/onion and cheese and sour cream

S - 4 slices deli turkey, 30 gr of herb and garlic cheese

D - chicken Caesar salad

S - clementine

Total Cal 1463, Carbs 72, Protein 136

Have a good day!

Ginnny
on 1/5/18 1:02 pm
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Friday Jan. 5th

Good Day Everyone!

I've been fighting that damn cold that's been going around but I think it's finally settling in. You know I'm sick when I can sleep through until my alarm and say "screw the gym". UGH Thankfully today is Friday. I'm in a food rut lately, I went through some of my recipes last night and hopefully, if I'm not feeling like **** I can prepare a few new things on the weekend for the freezer.

Post Op 20+ mos

The plan if I can get it in.....if not will be coffee, premier protein shakes, and of course my water.

B - 2 scrambled eggs

S - oikos key lime

L - egg salad, cucumbers, deli turkey

S - pepperette, cheese stick

D - 1 soft taco, cheese, sour cream

Cal 1096, Carbs 40, Protein 91

Have a great day everyone.

Ginnny
on 1/2/18 12:57 pm
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Hey All, back to work today and not enjoying it!! Hit the gym this morning so back to routine there too.

I was going to go and do a weight class tonight but I'm not feeling the motivation.

B - chili

S - Oikos banana yogurt

L - cobb salad

S - pepperette, cheese string

D - TBD - stuffed chicken breast maybe

Totals without dinner - Cal 959, Protein 67, Carbs 45

Ginnny
on 12/27/17 12:04 pm
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Wednesday Dec. 27th

Good afternoon everyone! Going to get back to somewhat normal today. By that I mean plan my food and get my ass to the gym. I'm still off work till next week so that part of normal will have to wait. I have the insurance inspector coming to look at the house today...mandatory I guess for renewal. I guess I better get some batteries in the smoke detectors.

The holidays weren't horrible eating wise, I probably could have done better but the scale is still a little below normal so that's good.

20 + mos Post Op (playing with maintenance)

B - 1 egg, 1/8 cup egg white, slice of cheese, 2 oz raspberries

S - Oh Yeah One - Chocolate Brownie Protein Bar (after the gym)

L - 4 oz turkey breast, cucumbers, greek dressing

S - 30 gr old cheddar, 4 triscuits

D - 4 oz turkey breast, garden salad, balsamic dressing

S - Premier Protein Shake

Total Cal 1245, Carbs 57, Protein 113

Have a great day!

Ginnny
on 12/27/17 5:46 am, edited 12/26/17 9:46 pm
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Saturday Dec. 23rd

So sorry for your loss Roz. Even though its expected, it is never easy. I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas with your kids and grand kids.

Take care of yourself.

Ginnny

Ginnny
on 12/19/17 11:12 am, edited 12/19/17 3:13 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Tuesday December 2017

I had an RMR test done last week and it said I should be eating 1800+ calories if I was sedentary which I?m not.

So im playing with my macros to try and figure out what a good number is for me.

I can?t imagine eating that much food so I?m trying to up my calories with protein and a bit of fruit, nuts and fats. We will see if the loss was just a fluke or if weight will stay down. It won't if I keep eating the crap I shoved into my face today!

Im entering a trial and error phase I think!

Have fun with the Boxing Day shopping you won?t catch me near a store until the new year!

Ginnny
on 12/19/17 10:24 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Tuesday December 2017

Good afternoon Menu Gang! I feel like we're in the home stretch. I have to wor****il noon on Thursday then done till the new year. Tomorrow we are having an office pot luck so no work will be done.

Was to the gym this morning - did my weight routine and felt pretty good about it!

I ate a crazy amount of crackers with Balderson cheese spread, and a few chip nuts yesterday. The scale rewarded me with a 3.7 lb loss. Not sure if its because my calories were higher or what exactly is going on with my bod. I will see what happens tomorrow morning. I will stay away from the extras around the office today, because I have a pretty good menu planned and want to make sure I can tell if its working for me. I am my lowest weight I can remember in years...167.2 lbs

Post Op 20+ months

B1 - small banana, 1 tbsp. peanut butter

B2 - rotisserie chicken

S - greek yogurt

L - cobb salad

S - pepperette and cucumbers

D - shepperds pie

Total Cal 1320, Protein122, Carbs 58

Have a great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views