2nd Chance Revisions

Recent Posts

foogoogirl
on 1/11/12 4:16 am - PA
Topic: RE: Trying to decide about revision, please share experiences
Hi I also had RNY 11 yrs ago, I lost 150 but gained back 85. I have not had a revision, but took the steps to see the surgeon and get the testing done to see if I had a fistula. I do not, but my pouch is stretched, I go and see the surgeon on Feb 8th and will see what she plans on doing. I am not sure if insurance covers,or if she will repair it. I am hoping so, because for me trying to loose weight post bypass is near to impossible.  I know I have not answered any questions for you, but I wanted to let you know there are others in the same boat. And, yes, I would do the surgery over again in a heartbeat, when I think back to how good I felt when I was 150 lbs, I really miss those days!
foogoogirl
on 1/11/12 4:08 am - PA
Topic: Stretched pouch
I had Roux-en-y 11 yrs ago, gained back 85 lbs. Just did testing to see if I have a fistula. I do not, but they did say my pouch is stretched and big. I have to wait until Feb 8th to see my surgeon, I was just wondering if anyone knows if insurance covers this type of revision, and how likely is the surgeon to repair this? Thanks.
Claudined
on 12/27/11 3:16 am - Malden, MA
Topic: Trying to decide about revision, please share experiences
Hello, I had a RNY 6 years ago, I lost 100 pounds but have gained back 45 pounds and just can't loose any weight. I have done weigh****chers, I exercise regularly and nothing works. 
I have an appointment with my doctor next week to ask about a revision, but I would really like to hear any experiences anyone had after a revision.  Was it similar to your first surgery?  Are you glad you did it?
Thanks
SophiasMommy
on 12/21/11 11:05 am
Topic: RE: does anyone else feel this way?
Hi there.  I had RNY in 2003...beginning weight was 297....got down to 185 (on my wedding day) and I think that was the only day I was 185!   I'm now 225.  I've had 2 back surgeries (due to car accidents) and a baby in the last 3 years.  I'm miserable and have recently been put on high blood pressure medicine at 32! :(  I'm mortified by what I let happen.  I'm planning on researching my options for a revision...however, like you, I do not plan to tell anyone other than my husband.  I feel strongly that there are issues with my stoma as I still dump frequently.  Hoping that insurance will cover a revision or else I don't think it will financially be possible.  Best of luck to you and know that you're not alone!

Dana
JessyLiz
on 11/17/11 8:04 am
Topic: RE: Revision scheduled Oct 31st

Hi people!

I had my ryn in 2008, lost near 100lbs but i have regained about 30lbs as of today! I'm convinced that the ROSE procedure would help me out by giving me a 2nd chance. I just had my endoscopy yesterday and it showed that i have an enlarged pouch and stomah. Any one here had the bypass revision already? Will my insurance cover it (Healthnet HMO)?

Please, any help/advice would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!
Jess

cathychatts
on 11/17/11 2:01 am - Kingsport, TN, TN
Hi Shannon:
I am so glad to hear from you.  I do understand about the Band.  Mine has slipped and I really get stuck and can only eat the bad stuff.  I have not been very successful with the band.  I am scheduled for surgery on the 22nd... that is next Tuesday!  I can't believe it.  I have Cigna and they have been so good about approval...both times.  I am going to a RNY bypass this time and hope it is the last one!!!!! 
Keep in touch!  I am currently writing my menus for the dietisian to approve.  I go back to the surgeon on Friday, have pre-op on Monday and Surgery on Tuesday!  
There goes Thanksgiving... but I don't mind, I can't eat right anyway. 
shannon0628
on 11/17/11 1:04 am
Hi Cathy,

So happy to hear about your second chance!  I so need a buddy too. Unless people have had the band and it didn't work for whatever reason, they really just don't understand the disappointment and frustration. My information was sent to my insurance company on Tuesday. My fingers are crossed that they'll review and approve quickly, but not sure how difficult it will be given my previous WLS. Did you have trouble with you insurance co?  Please feel free to email me direct at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

Shannon
cathychatts
on 11/16/11 2:40 am - Kingsport, TN, TN
This group doesn't seem very active. I hope there is someone reading. I had Relize Band in June 2008 and was not very successful. Lost 40 lbs and gained back 35! I have had a slippage and get the RNY on the 22nd of November! Just need a buddy!
shannon0628
on 11/5/11 3:10 pm
So it's been 5 days now...  What's it like?  I'm going to have my band removed and replaced with RNY, hopefully by the end of the year.  I've had my band for about 2.5 years and never lost more than 30 lbs.  I've been so bummed and just know I have to do something else to get this weight off.  I'm very interested in hearing how your new journey is going.  Hope all is well.  Take care!
tabbarr
on 10/24/11 11:25 pm - medina, TN
Topic: Revision scheduled Oct 31st
Hi everyone,
I had my lapband surgery done in 2004 and have gained back up to about 240. I am scheduled for my revision to RYN on Oct 31st. I am thankful for this second chance and nervous about the new journey I am about to start. Obesityhelp was a  great help to me in my last surgery so I am looking forward to getting to know you all again.