2nd Chance Revisions

Recent Posts

sherry99
on 9/1/11 2:04 am
Topic: RE: Brand new me .....Again
Tammy,

I am currently considering and looking into a revision RNY and am very curious as to how your experience went?  Can you tell me how you found a surgeon to do it and what it entails and how successful you've been?  Thank you so much

Sherry

PS  Also what the cost is
secondchance2011
on 4/14/11 10:15 am
Topic: RE: does anyone else feel this way?
Hello Ladies,

I had RnY Bybass in April of 2003....I lost about 100lbs never went under 204.....I am currently weighing 240.   I went a couple weeks ago to discuss my options and on Wednesday had an endospcopy.....I am embarressed that I did not ever get under 200.  My husband is very supportive of the  revision....I meet tommorrow to discuss the endoscopy and to discuss my options....Although I do not have any problems with my health....I have been diagnosed with OA of the knees at 33.  I have not discussed my plans with anyone in my family other than my husband.   
Tammy0822
on 3/14/11 8:54 pm - Kings Park, NY
Topic: Brand new me .....Again
HI My name is Tammy. I live in NY I am having a revision RNY on 3/30/11. My first surgery was 11/14/2002, I lost 110 lbs by 1 yr  by year 2 I put on 50+ lbs... took me almost 7  years to  do this again but I have decided this is the only life I have and dammit I want to live it no****ch it...

Tammy

SW:220 HW:267 CW:152 GW:120

Kimberlyguider
on 3/3/11 10:42 am - Evanston, IL
Topic: Getting started !
My name ia Kim and I had open Roun Y august 2005. I lost 125 lbs and kept it off even through 2 preganacies. I have gained back 40 lbs and I am currently experiencing some abdominal pain in the area where my pouch is located. I just started to make appointments with surgeons her in Chicago to talk about having a revision.  

I need information on getting a revision. Is it the same critera for the initial WLS?
poegirl100
on 1/16/11 2:10 am - Cibolo, TX
Topic: RE: New Member - Just saying hello!
Hi Dionne,

I just joined this group today, so I'm new here, but I totally understand your feelings.  I also had a gastric band done (but mine was years ago in 1993), and initially I lost a lot of weight (140 lbs).  But slowly the weight came bac****il today I weigh just 10 pounds less than I did before I had the first surgery (275 lbs).  I felt like a failure for years, until I learned that almost all patients for the type of band I had (Molina band) had the same problems.  The band FAILED.  NOT me, the BAND. 

I think the same thing has happened to you.  It's not your fault that the band slipped!  You are moving forward and trying to reach a solution, so kudos to you!  Hold your head up! 

I'm not sure what to tell you about choosing a doctor.  I think you have to go with your feelings.  If you don't have confidence in your surgeon, then I think you need to step back and reevaluate.  I hope you will find a doctor you feel comfortable with and can trust. 

Be strong, okay?  You can do this!

Vickie 

poegirl100
on 1/16/11 1:27 am - Cibolo, TX
Topic: Hello, newbie here!
Hello everyone!  My name is Vickie.  I'm glad to find this group.  I am having a revision RNY next month on Feb 22nd.  I had a gastric banding done by Marcel Molina in Houston in 1993.  This was one of the very first "lap" bands, although it wasn't called that at the time.  It was a great success.  I lost 140 lbs.  I was able to keep the weight off for several years, but then slowly it started to creep back on, no matter what I did.  I thought it was my fault and I was ashamed, so I didn't seek any medical advice or help.  But I found out a few years ago that 95% of the Molina band patients were having the same problems as me!  The Molina bands failed miserably.  It wasn't my fault after all.

It took me awhile to make up my mind to do it, but now I am committed to having the revision RNY.  I have regained 130 lbs. and I'm much older now.  I have health problems from obesity in my 50's that were not a factor when I was in my 30's.  I need to get healthy again!  I'm am excited and scared all at the same time, but I know what I need to do. 

I live in a rural community with little opportunity for joining a support group, so I'm looking forward to making some new friends on OH.  I believe in second chances, too! 

Vickie 

SueLo
on 1/7/11 2:12 pm
Topic: RE: New Member - Just saying hello!
Hi Dionee!  I just joined this group and am looking for some inspiration.  Have you made any progress toward your revision?  what did you decide to do? 
SueLo
on 1/7/11 2:09 pm
Topic: RE: Hi I'm Lisa
How about an update?
Lori D.
on 11/3/10 2:17 am - Carrollton, TX
thank you for the words of encouragement. My husband told his mom, she was not so supportive a few months ago (just a general worry wart, but nothing negative). She is going to come next week while I am in the hospital to help my husband with the getting the kids to school, and she will come and visit me during the day (my husband just had his revision surgery last month so he is ot of sick time).

good luck to you and your roomie!!

BlaqueBerry918
on 11/3/10 1:25 am - TX
Hey Lori! 

I know exactly how you fee.  My family was so proud of me because I lost a lot of weight in the beginning after my lap band.  This time around, I have only spoken to my roommate about this because she understands my struggle.  She also had the lapband and it was unsuccessful for her.  I will not speak to my family about it because they will jsut try to talk me out of ot, or tell me I dont need it.  I have prayed about that situation and decided I would do what I want to do and whats best for me.  As long as one person knows and can make decisions should something happen to you - GO FOR IT!!  This is your story - your life!  Tell them after you come from recovery!  GOOD LUCK! Best wishes!