VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Newbies on the VSG ...

Newbies on the VSG forum?

jimbovsg
on 12/13/10 7:14 am
    I've noticed that the VSG forum is full of lots of unfamiliar "posters"  (lots of new names,and faces)  I think a lot of the "regulars" come here now!  It's neither "here nor there"......just an observation.  

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

diane S.
on 12/13/10 10:02 am
You are right, there are lots and lots of new people on the vsg forum. and i am hoping my brother is one of them. I can only conclude its a good thing as the efficacy and value of vsg is more broadly recognized, more people are choosing this form of wls. Thats good for all of us as more and more health professionals become familiar with it. And its good news that Anthem of Cal. has now just started approving the sleeve. 

I still visit the regular vsg forum daily as I do this group as there is always something to be learned in either spot. And I feel some obligation to pay it forward by sharing information and encouragement with those just getting started. I think everyone on this maintenance group is pretty good about doing the same. And I spent a lot of time messaging about insurance appeals but there will be less of that now that Anthem CA finally got their head out of their you know what.

So I guess what you refer to as the regulars are in fact people who are perhaps a year or more out or are at or nearing goal and facing somewhat different issues than those still dealing with gas pain and yucky protein drinks (ok I am still having issues with yucky protein drinks LOL). So your observation is correct I think. This group was never intended to detract from the vsg forum but only to enhance it and I hope everyone here will continue to support the other board. diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

mini_me_ now
on 12/13/10 11:37 am
I think that having this group could stop people from just up and dissappearing altogether,  it seems that most get to a point that you can only answer the same question so many times, and they go off to their busy new life...

I noticed that alot of the regualar posters that were around when i was new hardly post at all now, im kind of hoping that by having this group we dont see quite so many vets compeletly dissapear only to be seen for surgversary posts.

this way the main board still benefits, because if you come here you cen still drop by the main board, but also it gives the newbies on the main board some where to come and ask a question of the vets if they need too.

But i think also it could be the time of the year where the familar faces are busy so not around quite as often.
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

sassyscorpio
on 12/13/10 12:57 pm
I love it here but I do try to go there and see if there are any questions I can answer. I have a page bookmarked where you can get order samples of protien drinks and I post that a lot.

I feel like I was new once and I should stll go there and be of any help if I can. I don't answer when there are already a lot of responses. Since, I am on the west coast, and with the time change,
by the time I get on the computer in the evening, it's way later for everyone else.

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

Mandyplus2 ..
on 12/13/10 8:31 pm - GA
I think we should make a thread there once every couple/few weeks reminding people that this board exists. I think there are some vets who pop on only occasionally who might not know still.
 5'8" - 40 years old