VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Daily Maintenance W...

Daily Maintenance Weigh In - Sunday, Dec26/10

Maintaining Cindy
on 12/25/10 2:16 pm, edited 12/26/10 2:12 am
Daily Maintenance Weigh In - Sunday, Dec26/10 

Surgery Date - June 12/09
Highest Weight - 230 lbs
Surgery Weight - 230 lbs
Total Amount Lost - 88 lbs
Goal Range - 140 lbs - 145 lbs
Yesterday's Weight - 146.4 lbs
Today's Weight - 147.4 lbs
Gain/Loss -  +1 lbs 

Random Thoughts:  
-  The same thing is happening to me Mike, I am slowly gaining, but only a few pounds, and I am eating and eating.  I am pleased it has only crept up as much as it has.
-  The problem with me is it is not over!  We will be going for days with left overs, treats, etc.  Then New Years, then Barry's birthday on the 3rd of January.
-  But you know what, I am not worried one bit, I am induldging, I am enjoying, I don't feel completely out of control, and the scale is behaving, all things considered.
-  In January, I will get back on plan and slide back down where I belong...
-  Again, it is amazing not to be worried about it, that is BIG for me.
-  I my Sleeve too Linda!

MikeyMike
on 12/26/10 12:56 am, edited 12/26/10 1:46 am - New York, NY
Surgery Date -  3/3/2010
Highest Weight - 380 Lbs
Consult Weight - 357 Lbs
Surgery Weight - 309 Lbs 
Total Amount Lost - 135 Lbs
Goal Range - 215 - 220 Lbs
Friday's Weight - 217 Lbs
Today's Weight - 222 Lbs
Gain/Loss -  +5 Lbs

Random Thoughts:  
 - Really enjoyed my self this Christmas. I grazed like a cow and drank like a fish. To the point wear I went above my goal. I take total responsibility as I knew the consequences of my actions. Well...Today's a new day and I'm starting it off right.  No more carbs as they get me into trouble. I already hit the Gym this morning followed by my Smoothie King Gladiator protein shake. It took me less than a week to put on 7 pounds. Between the gym and the snow shoveling I'm about to do (looks like it's going to be a bad storm)...We'll see how long it will take me to loose it.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

mini_me_ now
on 12/26/10 1:14 am
I think this is what maintaining is about, you allowed your self a set time frame to go off plan and now are making the adjustments for it...  Isnt it a nice to know that since surgery going off plan whether it be for a meal or a few days, when its over we pick up our tool and carry on...

where as in the past if we lost weight and then went off plan for even a meal, the mind set was we blew it so might as well keep eating...

I love my sleeve..

Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/10 2:46 am
I totally agree with your post.  I am up to 105.2, which is 1.5 lbs. higher than I want to be.  I have been eating things I know I should not.  But I do feel like I can manage it when I chose to get serious about losing it again.  For me, that will be around the first of the month.  Even if I am up three pounds by then, I know I can lose it in a little over a week.  That is a great feeling.
MikeyMike
on 12/26/10 9:02 am - New York, NY
You're right in the past I would have definitely kept eating.

It's strange as this is the first time that I have gone off for a few days. Was definitely an eye opener as I realize once a carb addict always a carb addict. Also a bit surprised as too how I gained so quickly.

But I definitely believe that I'm back on track and that my sleeve is wonderful.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

diane S.
on 12/26/10 4:07 am
124 today down  a half from yesterday. go figure. i ate some of most everyting at xmas dinner including the choc cake but only the tiniest sliver. and couldn't finish what i had taken on my plate before sleeve said NO. so thankful for that 32 bougie. but all that stuff sure tasted great and it would be easy to eat brown sugar pecan yams everyday. guess i am glad these holidays are passed and i made it through without major damage. having said that, i still have work to do - mainly in the exercise department which i pretty much hate all forms of, but am going to take an aikido class and then later in the spring learn to surf. gotta do something.
so proud of everyone for being open on this forum about their issues and facing them and that everyone managed to have a good holiday without major food disasters. Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 

frisco
on 12/26/10 4:07 am

154.8 New all time low.

After cake, pie and chocolate the last two days ???

*4 bites Guava Chiffon cake.
*4 bites Mom's apple pie
*12 bites assorted Chocolate things

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle