VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Hello Group, 2 year...

Hello Group, 2 years out and need to get back on track

unidos
on 2/11/11 5:31 am - Deland, FL
I would never ask this but I really Need some help.

My excercise plan has gone out the window, I'm out of work and  i have not been in the gym in 3 months. I was in a tractor trailer accident last March and the pain in my neck and back have returned 10 fold.  Some days it hurts just to move. For the last few months I have been dealing with the worst head hunger. I've met the carb monster for the first time as well.  I have gained a few inches/pounds  but nothing a month of dedication will not fix. All this is taking it's toll and adding depression and stress to my life. Before all the grazing started I still wanted to drop 40lbs and still do.

I still follow the rules and not eat and drink at the same time. Would it be safe to go on a liquid diet to kickstart losing again or maybe liquids and a small meal. In the last 6 months I've lost the sensation of being full off of small meals. I was thinking with the liquid diet this would return cause the stomach might shrink some..  I know i didnt stretch it..

Thoughts and advice please and thank you 

debibridev
on 2/11/11 5:37 am
There is a thing that alot of people do called the 5 day pouch test Here is the link for it!
http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html.

I am sure you will be fine by doing this and it will get you off the carbs which is what is making you more head hungry!!!  
Good luck!!! Stay focused!!!!

unidos
on 2/14/11 4:14 am - Deland, FL
On February 11, 2011 at 1:37 PM Pacific Time, debibridev wrote:
There is a thing that alot of people do called the 5 day pouch test Here is the link for it!
http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html.

I am sure you will be fine by doing this and it will get you off the carbs which is what is making you more head hungry!!!  
Good luck!!! Stay focused!!!!
Thanks I am going to start this.. waiting for my protein powder to get in... what happens after 5 days? do i have to buy the book to find out?

(deactivated member)
on 2/14/11 5:04 am - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

You just go back to eating moderate portions after the 5 days. For some Roux-en-Y folks they think their pouch stretched out and this was just a way to help them "feel" their restriction again. 

I think you will find if you just eat dense protein, you will definitely feel your restriction again ! 

debibridev
on 2/14/11 6:31 am
I have no clue what the next step is after the 5 days, I assume you would continue like you did in the beginning with small meals, lean protein, vegetables, not too many carbs. I weigh out all my meals still. I usually eat about 2 oz of protein, 1- 1/2 oz of vegetable and then about 1/2 oz of a whatever side dish I cooked for the family. I don't eat more than 4 oz at each meal.

(deactivated member)
on 2/11/11 5:45 am
I want to tell you how proud of you I am for telling your story.  It takes real guts to ask for help when we need it.  I would not go on a liquid diet, I would go back to eating three meals of pure lean, dense protein.  I mean chicken breast, lean beef, lean pork, salmon.  Dense and lean is the key.  I would make a large pot of veggie soup to eat in between meals as needed.  Make it very low cal.  Drink tea when you feel hungry and reduce your carbs to under 40 g. a day again.  The weight will most likely just fall off of you again.  That is what I would do if I was in your shoes ( and I totally believe that I might be right there again with you).  I would also keep a journal and write down every calorie I eat.  Try to keep your calories under 800 if you can.  Post your weight here every day for accountability and support.  We are all here for you and are pulling for you.  You can do this.
jimbovsg
on 2/11/11 6:30 am
REAL men know when to ask for help,  bro.......I commend you.  Not exercising will effect your metabolism, mood, energy, etc. But I doubt it effect ones weight loss or gain significantly.  Many of us (myself included)  lost a ton of weight without much activity. ( I lost my first 150lbs while walking approx 15-20 min per day.....maybe 100 cals burned   6 months time!)  My weight loss comes from cal/carrb restriction.....it is when I lose most consistent.  DGMW..... I would never suggest or discourage one from exercise ( I walk 10-12.000 step per day approx 5 mile**** the weights 2-3 days a week).....it just doesn't promote as much weight loss as most people think!  I would suggest logging your food and track  protein/carbs too.....they are the likely culprit.   Get in a ton of water I aim for a gallon a day.   And about the depression thing....work on it..... counseling.... meds?  whatever it takes.  Depression for us (men in particular) is difficult to admit, confront, cope/deal with and even harder to seek help for.  But it will effect EVERY aspect of your life.......especially weight/health.  It effects mood, sleep, stress levels, eating habits, etc ALL have a negative effect on weight/health.  Lecture over!  Good to see you're back here posting......baby steps ya know?  Stick around there are plenty of wise and supportive people here......you can do this!  Good luck!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

frisco
on 2/11/11 6:30 am

Hey Yo,

I just looked at your pics....... I suggest you do the same!

Very inspiring!

You lost like 140lbs. !!

You know what to do..... 

Those issues you went through and are going through can throw this thing way off.....

**** happens and what counts is what you do about it !!!

You made the big first step..... Now get with the program and "Do Work"

You got this.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 2/11/11 7:09 am, edited 2/11/11 7:14 am - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Hey man!!  It is GREAT to see your face around again!  I am sorry that its a bummer thing that brings it back.

Me?  I cannot tolerate liquids unless I am doing it for a medical reason - it gives me the rebound binges.  If you can do it, then more power to you!

After any sort of indulgence with carbs and the impending carb jones, I just need to go back to pushing protein.  I eat every 3 hours, divvy my calories up into however many meals that's going to be (depending on how long my day is) and then do it from there.  The denser the meat and the less juiciness, the drier my stomach is before I eat (so, not drinking at least 30 minutes before I eat) the longer the dense meat stays in my stomach and I feel full longer. 

There is no shame in needing help, only needing help, being surrounded by it and never asking!

I really am glad you came back!  Stick around a bit!  Its good to see your face, take care of you and your back!

Edit to add - any pain medications prescription/herbal are going to increase your hunger, so making sure your meals are dense and count and staying hydrated are going to make it a lot easier until you can get to pain free, my man!

Welcome back!
laurak712
on 2/11/11 10:28 am - New Braunfels, TX
Glad to see you back here.  You've come to the right place for help.  Good thing you caught it early.

Laura

Height 5' 7