Portobello Greek Pizza Recipe, Healthy Carbs & FiberSeptember 14, 2018
This Portobello Greek Pizza recipe is one you can make for yourself or others too. Use it for a Meatless Monday, or for a light dinner, or even a delicious appetizer. You can roast those portobellos in the oven, or put them for 5 minutes on a medium-high grill. So easy, and versatile! Enjoy!
Portobello Greek Pizza Recipe
Recipe by: Annessa Chumbley
Makes 2 servings
- 2 Portobello Mushroom Caps, gills and stems removed
- 1/4 cup Hummus
- small handful spinach, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons diced English cucumber
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
- Balsamic reduction, for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 375º. Spray mushroom with nonstick cooking spray, sprinkle with sea salt, and place on rimmed baking sheet. Place in oven and let cook for 5-10 minutes (depending on the size of mushroom).
- Spread each with hummus, then top with chopped spinach, tomatoes, red onion, and feta. Drizzle with balsamic and serve!
* The portobellos can easily be put on the grill instead of the oven. They will most likely be done in less time, so watch them!
* Add whatever toppings fit you or your family, just make sure to adjust the nutritional info per servings and toppings!
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 146; Carbohydrates 14 grams; Fat 8 grams; Protein 8 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORAnnessa Chumbley RD, is a bariatric dietitian and her website "Annessa Nutritionist" provides inspiring nutrition information to the bariatric community and general public. She enjoys getting the community healthy through nutrition segments on Indianapolis' FOX 59 Morning News, and 93.1 WIBC called "Power Up Your Week!", as well as a local healthy cooking show.
Find more recipes from Annessa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|