Hot Kale & Artichoke Dip RecipeNovember 19, 2018
This Hot Kale & Artichoke Dip Recipe is simple, straight-forward, and uses fat-free Greek yogurt in place of sour cream. The nutrition is boosted by using fresh kale (spinach would work great too) – and any kale will work….just give it a rough chop! I use canned artichokes, drain them, and give those a rough chop too. Add a squeeze of lemon. It cuts through the thickness, adds a tang and a punch of a “bright” factor. Full of flavor, easy to make, and perfect for dipping your favorite vegetable slices.
Hot Kale & Artichoke Dip Recipe
Recipe by: Annessa Chumbley, RD
Makes 10-12 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 20 minutes; Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh kale
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375º. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, including 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- Pour into a small baking pan coated in nonstick spray (such as the size of a bread pan). Sprinkle on remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until bubbly. Remove and serve! Serve with homemade veggie chips, celery, sliced bell pepper, sliced cucumber.
Nutritional Info Per Serving (1/4 cup)
Calories: 90, Fat: 5.3, Carbs: 5g, Protein: 6.3g
ABOUT THE AUTHORAnnessa Chumbley, RD, is a bariatric dietitian and her website "Annessa Nutritionist" provides inspiring nutrition information to the bariatric community and general public. She enjoys getting the community healthy through nutrition segments on Indianapolis' FOX 59 Morning News, and 93.1 WIBC called "Power Up Your Week!", as well as a local healthy cooking show.
Find more recipes from Annessa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|