What's on your Tuesday menu RNYers?

pammieanne
on 9/19/17 6:51 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Morning Menu Peeps!

Glad you had a great birthday, Teena!

QOTD: I love surprises! A few years back, DH threw a surprise birthday party for me and pretty much pulled it off, I loved every minute of it.... Oh, and I was so that kid that unwrapped and rewrapped presents... there was one year in particular that I got busted for it, and my mom still reminds me of that year! I'm better now though, and I don't even go sneaking around to try and see what I got for Christmas ;)

Accountability... I did great all day long... until I got home and there may have been a couple of handfuls of tortilla chips that happened. ALL of the chips from the party are now gone (and I didn't eat ALL of them... I ended up giving the chickens the leftover Cheetos, and even they didn't eat them! Smart birds!)

Weight this morning 138.0

B: 3 pieces of bacon and a hard boiled egg

S: Atkins protein bar (I've been craving one, and I passed it up last night... I'm giving in)

L: 4 ounce cheeseburger/ no bun

S: I have some pork rinds if I need them

D: Another day of not taking something out... but there's some chicken thighs in the freezer that I marinated, so having hubs take those out to make tonight... will probably pick up some veggies to make with it on the way home

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Writergurl08
on 9/19/17 6:58 am, edited 9/19/17 12:00 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning everyone! I had my 3rd month weigh-in yesterday and am down 4 lbs, but I'm not eating as many vegetables as my NUT wants, so I need to make a concentrated effort to work vegetables in with every meal, and even snacks. Protein seems so much easier with grab and go options (yogurt, string cheese, hard boiled eggs) but I never seem to have things prepped for vegetables. So I'm going to really focus on my Sunday meal preps for the week including slicing up vegetables and portioning them out.

QotD: I like little surprise gifts, but surprise trips and parties (especially if they're at my house!) make me anxious. I hate having people over if my house is messy and I don't have warning to at least do the "ten minute tidy up dash." I don't even like when friends stop by unannounced, primarily because I'm usually only partially dressed when I'm lounging around at home. My "around the house" uniform is an oversized t-shirt and undies. I've only narrowly escaped a few awkward run-ins with my in-laws, and that's only because they have a huge loud pickup truck, so when they pull into the driveway, I have about 30 seconds warning to throw something on. My best (male) friend usually calls and says, "I"m on my way over, put some clothes on!" haha

Accountability: I ate some peanut butter fudge last night. Speaking of in-laws, they dropped by last night bearing treats. WHY? WHY? And they even preface it with "I know you guys aren't eating junk food right now..." BUT HERE IS A DELICIOUS PIECE OF KRYPTONITE. I don't really eat sweets much, usually my downfalls are of the salty snack variety, but I do love peanut butter fudge. At least it was just the one piece, and I gobbled it up, and don't have any more at home.

Breakfast: 2 Scrambled eggs with 1 oz ham, 1/2 C spinach, a couple diced mushrooms, and 1 oz monterry jack cheese

snack: celery with cream cheese and Everything but the Bagel seasoning

Lunch: Spinach salad (about 1 1/2 C) with 4 cherry tomatoes, 1/4 C cucumber slices, 2 tbsp glazed walnuts, 3 oz diced chicken breast and balsamic vinagrette

working overtime, so I also brought a Greek L&F yogurt if I need something later on since dinner will be late

Dinner: bacon cheddar brat, maybe cook up the last of my yellow summer squash (I love fall, but sad to see the garden die out)

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

NYMom222
on 9/19/17 7:04 am
RNY on 07/23/14

QOTD: I am not a surprise person. When they surprised me with my bridal shower years ago, I was the only one dressed like a schlep.

Made these pumpkin brownies with protein frosting. They came out good. Popped one in my mouth first thing this morning. Not good.

B: usual latte, pumpkin brownie

L: a business luncheon. Stashing a Premier and nuts just in case.

D: Mahi burger on sandwich thin. veggie tbd.

S:Apple yogurt

ex: PT

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

minaque2
on 9/19/17 7:10 am

Good morning!

made my first, ate too fast mistake, yesterday. Oh boy- the pain!!

I love surprising other people and it depends on the surprise for me. I like gifts to be a complete surprise but I think I'd run away if anyone threw a surprise party for me.

B- Vega chai latte shake (it will take me 2 hours, alternating with water)

L- 4 bites of a leftover egg, hash and cheese omelet.

S- 1/4c cottage cheese

D- 3 medium shrimp

Emiepie
on 9/19/17 7:30 am, edited 9/19/17 12:47 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I am checking in from home today. The iron infusion went well yesterday and I didn't have any issues (aside from a low resting heart rate that kept causing the monitor to go off). Per their suggestion I had requested today off as a sick day just in case so I do plan on taking it easy and there might even be a nap in my future-perfect weather day so I am enjoying having all the windows and doors open and cuddling on the couch with a blanket sipping my latte.

Accountability: No more nausea excuses so it's now time to reign in on the evening "extra" snacks. With the cooler weather I may add a de-caf coffee in the evenings if needed.

QOTD: I love surprises! It's funny, my hubby just can't wait to give me a gift once he buys it and I like to wait until the day we are celebrating something so I definitely don't peek.

Time since surgery: 3 years, 1 month

B: SF latte, eggbeaters with red peppers, 2 sausage turkey links, and 1/2 an orange

L: Egg salad (cottage cheese style), string cheese and baby carrots

S: Homemade greek yogurt with fiber cereal and sliced strawberries, Buddig beef, pork rinds, and a SF popsicle

D: BBQ "pizza" (1/2 low carb lavash, chicken, mozzarella, Walden farms BBQ sauce and cilantro), edamame, and SF pudding topped with cool-whip

E: A long walk enjoying the Fall-like weather

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1109 Protein:119 Carbs:81 Fat:43

Have a great one!!!

ETA: forgot to add pork rinds to snack

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

pammieanne
on 9/19/17 11:27 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Hope you are enjoying your day off, and napping as I type!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Au_Contraire
on 9/19/17 7:45 am

Hi everyone, happy Tuesday!

I am finally slightly under the 2.2 pounds I put on as a result of doing hard physical labor several days ago, but still not quite to -70 pounds, grrrr! Still have 0.6 pounds to go. Hopefully tomorrow I'll hit it!

I knew the contents of every interesting drawer, every nook and cranny in my house growing up. I wouldn't search for Christmas presents, though, and honestly it would never have occurred to me to unwrap and rewrap them. I would hold, shake, and puzzle over the gifts under the tree, but I left it at that - I loved being surprised on Christmas morning, plus it seemed to me that to sneak more of a look would be an emotional blow to Santa, and might invite bad luck. I still really love the peace, joy, and deep magic of Christmas.

I love good surprises!

One October long ago, my ex-husband had been acting strangely for several days. Finally I pressed him to tell me what was wrong, and he (after securing my promise that I wouldn't tell anyone else what he was about to say) admitted that he had invited lots of our friends over for a surprise birthday party - for me! He was not a very good party planner and had been fretting over the whole thing. So I took over, cleaned the house, prepared food, ordered and picked up a cake, got drinks, etc. Then an hour or so before people were supposed to come, a friend stopped by and asked me if I felt like going for a drive with her. I said yes, of course, and pretended to be completely clueless. When we got back to the house and opened the door, everyone shouted "Surprise!" and I pretended to be stunned. But it was fine, I had a good time and it was a wonderful birthday party, even if it wasn't a surprise!

First: Fuzzy Navel protein shake

B: 1.6 oz. BBQ pulled chicken & 0.4 oz. Cheddar

L: 2.0 oz. Turkey

D: same as breakfast

S: Orange Spice black tea with Vanilla PP

Have a fine day today, menu friends!

cowdoc
on 9/19/17 7:47 am, edited 9/19/17 12:48 am
RNY on 09/12/17

Hello all!

1 week post-op. Everything has been going pretty well since discharge. None of the more common problems I've read about. So, I may have been getting a bit too comfortable. Today I just feel a bit like a "lump" and like I overdid it yesterday in spite of following doc's recommendations to a 'T'. But that's recovery, right? I'm drinking about a cup of fluids (water, herbal(decaf) tea) between each "meal". Trying to stay ahead of dehydration. I've been taking about 30-60 minutes for each of 6 liquid "meals". I was doing the high end of the volume recommendations since I was tolerating them so well, but going to take it back to the beginning for volumes and see how it goes. Ive had a small loss in weight each day.

Accountability: on liquid post-op - as prescribed

QOTD: I really like surprises (good surprises). Funny, my husband is not a surprise guy... he definitely does NOT like surprises.

B: chocolate PP 8oz.

S: triple oikos 2.25 oz.

L: vanilla PP 8oz.

S: Bone Broth 4oz.

D: bananas & cream PP 8oz.

S: triple oikos 2.25 oz.

calories: 494; protein: 85; carb: 25; sugar: 9

catwoman7
on 9/19/17 7:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

my fast-paced week continues - looking forward to things slowing down, but it may be mid-October before that happens. Oh well, at least time is going quickly (may be my last year at work as I'm thinking about retiring next summer - YIPPEE!!)

QOTD: It depends on the surprise. I've become more of a "planned" person as I've gotten older, and I sometimes get stressed out when things don't go as planned.

Weight is back down again this morning. I figured out where a lot of this sodium is coming from that's most likely making me retain water - the Mylanta I'm taking for my supposed ulcer. The stuff is loaded with it. So if I have salty foods on top of that - well, there you go....

2 years 3 months out

B: Greek yogurt with fresh raspberries & blueberries

S: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax vanilla latte shake

L: chili with 2 T Greek yogurt sour cream

D: probably a chicken/peach/pecan salad (need to get rid of these peaches - I bought way too many!! At least they freeze well...)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Rosemi
on 9/19/17 10:06 am

Do you need to do anything special to freeze them?

Most Active