Recent Posts

Amy Williams
on 3/31/06 11:03 am
Topic: Risks of Gastric Bypass?
Wanting to learn the risks associated with the Gastric Bypass?

In partnering with Synovis Surgical Innovations, Obesityhelp is happy to announce we have a free informational webcast on the risks with gastric bypass.

*Bleeding
*Blood Clots
*Bowel Obstructions
*Gastrointestinal Leaks

You can view this webcast on this link: http://www.obesityhelp.com/surgeryrisks/ and click "view presentation". You may have to download the plug in before viewing the webcast which is at the bottom of the page. If you've seen this webcast before or this is your first time please let us know your thoughts about it. If you can post here or email your comments to [email protected] This link is to help educate our members and we hope that you found it helpful.

Amy Williams
Member Services
Tammy C.
on 3/31/06 3:50 am
Topic: Who is your favorite American Idol?
Hello Everyone! :wave:

Let's have some fun! Do you have a favorite American Idol contestant? :dance::dance: Cast your "OH" Idol vote here and tell us about your favorite singer! Who had the best performance so far this season? Who do you think will win? And who will be the next to be voted off? The following contestants are still in the competition:

Elliot
Mandisa
Chris
Taylor
Kellie
Paris
Ace
Bucky
Katherine

:gossip: (Rumor has it that we have a few OH members that have had the courage to audition for the show!) :cool:

All my best,
Tammy
ObesityHelp.com
www.OH-Magazine.com

Amy Williams
on 3/31/06 2:26 am
Topic: Important: PROFILE SPRUCING
The volunteer html team is no longer accepting new profile requests or changes to current profile set-ups for the time being. For those of you that are already in line, we will be contacting you to discuss your previously submitted request. We apologize for the inconvenience but are pleased to announce that a new profile system is currently being developed that will be more maintainable and feature rich than our current one.

Some new items to look forward to this year:
Blogging
Avatar Uploading (Message Board Photo)
Photo Albums
Friends Networking
Pre-built Templates
and much more....

We have enjoyed helping you over the years in this capacity and look forward to helping you with the new set up when it is completed. In the meantime, we have a lot of busy work to do in order to get ready and ask for your patience and support during this time.

Thank you,
The HTML Team

Below is some basic Q&A about our changes; more announcements will be made in the near future.

Q: When are we going to be able to use the new blog system?

A: We are anticipating launching the actual blog system early this summer but will be launching several other significant changes prior to this to enhance the site as a whole.

Q: What about our current profile? If we like it as is and don't want to change it.

A: Please rest assured that your existing profile will still be available if you decide to keep it, but it is important to note that we will not be able to provide the additional features found in the new system. We will be offering you the ability to transition from the current system to the new and strongly encourage you do so in order to access all the new features that will be implemented.

Q: What should we do in the meantime while waiting for the new system? Should we not be adding new items?

A. There is no need to stop using your current profiles, as stated previously, it will still be available until you choose to upgrade. However, keep in mind that your current profile may not automatically carry over to the new system.

Q: What if we want to try out the new one but then don't like it, can we switch back to our old one?

A: Once upgraded, you will not be able to rollback to you old profile. However, your old profile data will still be available to you in order to make the transition much smoother.

Q: What will happen with all my current profile updates? Will it still have all my individual updates, pictures I've added, graphics, quizzes, tickers, music videos, midis etc?

A: All profile data may not be transferred automatically; however, we are dedicated to making this a real possibility. More announcements will be made in the near future.

Looking forward to all the new things to come in the next few months :jump:
RMBeauty
on 3/31/06 12:25 am - Rocky Mountain, CO
Topic: Life After Surgery - Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Denver
Hello Everyone, I just wanted to share that after losing over 130lbs life has changed dramatically. Exercising gives me such a good feeling (no kidding almost a high). It makes me feel great to be healthy and in control that exercising becomes almost addictive. Never thought it could be..LOL I truly hated to exercise when I was 300lbs. I still have 30lbs to goal but I know that I will accompli**** and maintain my desired weight because using the surgery as a tool is why I had the surgery. To think you can just eat and have no consequences after surgery is delusional. Too much food in against calories burned will make you gain weight. The difference is now our actions show results so it is easier to keep on track. I have done several 5K walks and now I am doing the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Denver. The Avon Walk is a marathon walk of 39 miles on June 24th & 25th, 2006. This is such an great cause that my team "Cheerful Walkers" is looking for others who would like to join the fight to eradicate breast cancer. We need help in our fundraising and are looking for sponsors. If you are interested and would like to make a tax-deductible donation to "Avon Walk for Breast Cancer" and help us meet our fundraising goals go to our team website http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR?team_id=20180&pg=team&fr_id=1180 and scroll down our team web page and choose a name under team roster, and then "Click here to Sponsor Me". We are also looking for others who would like to join our team to do the Avon Walk in Denver. All this information can be found on our team webpage. Life after surgery is so wonderful that I feel truly blessed and one of my ways of showing my gratitude is by helping others. Breast Cancer affects 1 in 8 women in the US. Every 3 minutes a woman is told she has breast cancer. Every 14 minutes someone dies of breast cancer, it affects men too. We can help eradicate breast cancer together! Thank You for your time and consideration.
donna_57
on 3/29/06 7:29 am - charleston, WV
Topic: RE: WV PEIA INSURANCE QUESTION?
Sarah , they are hard to work with lot of dos and donts have to have 1year supervised diet with psyche dietician and dr and exercise good luck!!
donna_57
on 3/29/06 7:28 am - charleston, WV
Topic: RE: lap band
hi linda, sorry dont check this one much please email me anytime Dr Shin just got all my paper work so we will see im excited and scared too.... dont know a lot about this been doing lot of reading though
Ronda E.
on 3/27/06 6:02 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: New OH Mag Forum
Do you ever wish you had someone to discuss the OH Magazine articles with after you finished reading? Well, Obesityhelp.com has created a new forum just for that purpose. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/magazine is standing by waiting for your comments. It is simple to use. Just log in and click on the article or articles you want to comment about. Whether it is how interesting you found the article or how you don't agree with it, make your voice heard :idea: This not only gives you a chance to speak up but helps our editors know what you enjoy reading. So, please log on after you read your issue of OH Magazine. If you still need to subscribe log on to http://oh-magazine.com and indicate that you want to start with our current issue. I will be checking out the forum and waiting to respond to your comments!:jump:

Ronda Einbinder
OH Magazine :type:
Amy Williams
on 3/27/06 5:23 am
Topic: Survey 3 year+ post-ops
This is survey is up to you if you would like to participate and it's for a dissertation. See below.

Weight Loss Surgery Outcomes Study-
Please share with anyone who might be interested....

We need your help!

We are looking for people who have had Gastric Bypass Surgery prior to March 1, 2003 to complete a short internet survey about their experience.

The survey will take less than 10 minutes to complete and is completely anonymous.

In appreciation for your time, you will be given an opportunity to enter a drawing for a $50 gift certificate to Amazon.com.

Your input will also help us develop a greater understanding of the longer term outcomes and challenges of this surgery. The results will be used to support others who are considering, have had, or are planning to have Gastric Bypass Surgery.

Unfortunately, very little is known about the long term experiences of people who have undergone bariatric surgery. We are a group of researchers at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine who are interested in learning about how your life, eating habits and weight have changed since your surgery. We are interested in learning about positive and negative experiences, challenges, and other changes you have encountered along the way.

If you are interested in participating please click on the link below or enter the web address in your browser window.

www.WLSStudy.com

At this time we are only surveying people who have had Gastric Bypass Surgery more than 3 years (36 months) ago. We hope to learn more about other procedures in the future.

Thank you in advance for your support of this important research! If you have any questions please contact us at [email protected]

Thanks for your help in doing this.

Amy Williams
Member Services
LindyStar
on 3/24/06 1:23 am - My town, WV
Topic: Being shut out by Medicare
Well, it is goodbye for me --after much thought, prayer and planning, that I won't be able to have WLS of any kind--I wanted the lap band--in West Virginia, at Ruby Memorial Hospital. I have Medicare primary, and there are NO approved hospitals in WV on the new Medicare Centers of Excellence list. I had already had my WLS Seminar at Ruby and filled out all of my papers, medical history, etc, and would have been a good candidate to get the surgery until Medicare did their "dirty deed" and didn't even give the hospitals a chance to apply for Centers of Excellence, or a 6 month grace period for those awaiting surgery, etc. I heard officially from Ruby representative 2 days ago that they are not able to do Medicare WLS. This rules out anyone in WV with Medicare primary planning to have any WLS. The only other alternative is going out of state, such as Pittsburgh, which isn't practical for me. Anyone "shut out" by Medicare?
Ronda E.
on 3/22/06 5:04 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
Topic: OH Magazine Issue 2
Many of you may have watched her on the Tyra Banks Show, but now OH readers will have the opportunity to read the candid interview between myself and actress/comedian Jackie Guerra as she graces the cover of OH Magazine Issue 2 2006. Readers will also read about Weight and Sexual Fulfillment by Martin Binks PhD and Ronette Kolotkin PhD; a followup interview with Rhonda Britten, the star of NBC's Starting Over; and the ten healing foods we need to stay healthy. Niloo Sarabi also writes a touching tribute to a very special OH Member, John Ott, *****cently lost his battle with obesity. Do you ever want to comment on articles you read in OH Magazine? Well, you now have your chance. ObesityHelp.com has created a new forum page just for that purpose. You can go to: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/magazine and give your opinion about one or more articles that you read. We are very excited about this new forum and hope everyone has an opportunity to check it out. If you are not a subscriber to OH Magazine, just log onto http://www.oh-magazine.com to subscribe to the bi-monthly magazine for only $25. So, come by and check out our new forum and the OH Magazine site. We know you will be pleased with what you see. If you have not received your issue yet, don't worry. They are all in the process of being shipped.

Ronda Einbinder
OH Magazine :type:
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2028 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4725 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6332 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5658 views