Recent Posts

bethsmith
on 4/11/06 11:47 am - Oak Hill, WV
Topic: Beckley WLS Support Grp Mtg 04/17
Hi Everyone! The Beckley WLS Support Group meeting will be held on MONDAY, April 17, from 7:00-9:00pm at Raleigh General Hospital on Harper Road, Beckley. Our meeting location is in the Education Center (annex building on the Kroger side of RGH). Entrance is at the top of the wheelchair ramp. Guests are welcome and everyone is encouraged to attend! CLOTHING EXCHANGE: We will now have a clothing exchange at each meeting! You are welcome to bring any clothes that no longer fit you and take home some that do. As you lose out of them, bring them back and exchange them for others! You do not have to bring clothing to take clothing, and bringing clothing is not required. Restaurant cards for Dr. Shin and Dr. Stickler's patients (as well as some other area doctors) will be available for anyone who needs one. Don't forget to bring a recipe (or two...or three) for our online group cookbook (or you can email them to us), a "before" picture (if you have one), or even bring some "before" clothes! You can view our monthly calendar on the Yahoo Group at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/beckleywlssg/cal, or by visiting our support group website at http://www.geocities.com/beckleywlssg/ The 2006 meeting dates are also listed below. Looking forward to seeing you Monday! Beth ------------------------------ 2006 Beckley WLS Support Group meeting dates (all Monday meetings): April 17, 2006 May 15, 2006 June 19, 2006 July 17, 2006 August 14, 2006 September 18, 2006 October 23, 2006 November 13, 2006 December 18, 2006 If Raleigh County Schools are cancelled due to weather the day of our meeting or the following day, the meeting is cancelled also.) ------------------------------ If you would like to receive an email-reminder for the Beckley WLS Support Group Meeting, please email us at [email protected].
Tammy C.
on 4/11/06 11:19 am
Topic: Contest! Enter To Win!
Hello Everyone! :wave:

Will YOU be one of EIGHT lucky contest winners? :spin::spin:

Enter the latest OH Magazine contest NOW for your chance to win a copy of Ann Pai's new book:

My Other Body....the story of a sisterhood - of an older sister's fatal struggle with obesity and a younger sister's journey from the extreme limit of compulsive eating toward better mental health - and of their love, which survived all challenges.

You can read book reviews here:

http://www.oh-magazine.com/contest.php

Author Ann Pai is also an OH Member! Read her profile here:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/profile.php?N=P1126577270

How can I win you ask? :secret:

For a chance to win, please email or snail mail your answers to the following questions:

1. Which of the following best describes you?
I. I am Pre-op with a surgery date
II. I am Pre-op seeking insurance approval
III. I am Post-op
IV. I am considering weight loss surgery and researching my options
V. I am looking for non weight loss surgery alternatives
2. What kinds of vitamin or bariatric products do you buy?
3. Where do you buy your products from?
4. What new features would you like to see on ObesityHelp.com?
5. How has ObesityHelp.com been the most helpful to you?

To enter by e-mail:
Send an e-mail to: [email protected]

Please also include:
1. Your name
2. Your phone number (so we can contact you if you are a winner)
3. Your mailing address

To enter by mail, send a letter or postcard to:
My Other Body Contest
ObesityHelp, Inc.
8001 Irvine Center Drive, Suite 1270
Irvine, California 92618

Your letter or postcard must also contain the information listed above.
One entry per person, please. Eight winners will be selected at random from all entries received by May 15th, 2006.

Good Luck!
Tammy
ObesityHelp.com/OH Magazine
:jump::jump::jump::jump:
Tammy C.
on 4/11/06 11:11 am
donna_57
on 4/11/06 9:17 am - charleston, WV
Topic: RE: Need a support GROUP...
Bariatric_Surgery_of_Southern_WV Lisa this is it.... right in Charleston
donna_57
on 4/11/06 9:14 am - charleston, WV
call metabolix Dr Stickler.... 347 4317 the have online in yahoo also bariatric surgury of southern wv i think is the website...
Tabetha
on 4/10/06 10:57 pm - Kenova, WV
Lisa, If you would be willing to drive about 45 minutes once a month, we have a wonderful support group in Huntington. Let me know if you don't find a closer one and I'll give you the details. Tabetha
BigHugs-Lisa
on 4/10/06 9:45 pm - Pratt, WV
Topic: Need a support GROUP...
I have moved out here from Ohio. I need to find a support group in the Charleston area. I look forward to hearing from you. Hugs, Lisa
Darlilly1313
on 4/7/06 11:52 am - WV
Topic: RE: I GOT APPROVED BY MY INSURANCE
Congratulations to you!!!! That is so wonderful,Best wishes
shinmd
on 4/7/06 10:28 am - Charleston, WV
Topic: RE: Anyone in Morgantown?
Sarah. Why don't you look into our program in Charleston? We have many patients from Morgantown area we are currently taking care of after their weight loss surgery. Please visit www.camcwlc.org. You can even take Online seminar or come to one of our weight loss seminars. Please call 1-866-788-4965 or 304-388-4965 for more information. Thank you. CAMC Weight Loss Center
kimbvince
on 4/7/06 5:01 am - Mt. Gay, WV
Topic: I GOT APPROVED BY MY INSURANCE
Im so happy I got approved by carelink. My surgery date is May 2, 2006. PLEASE PRAY THAT EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT.
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2014 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4718 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6321 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5648 views