Food Stamps- Online Stores?

Cleopatra_Nik
on 6/4/09 5:38 am - Baltimore, MD

“I would make the same comment if anyone on assistance was having liposuction, a boob job, or having their teeth whitened."

You just proved my point in my last post. RNY is for the disease of obesity. It is not a cosmetic procedure. You think I’d go through all the crap I’ve gone through for looks?!?!?

I think you need to educate yourself on this process, why people do it, and the TRUE spirit of help.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Vickie A.
on 6/4/09 4:43 am
Check with your local large chain grocery store, they may have some kind of delivery service available. And if they do they may take EBT. What about paying a neighbor hood kid a few dollars to do some shopping for you. I am sure with summer here that most kids would be willing to do it.  Sorry to see people flamming you for having EBT. It is very easy  for them to be up on their high horses when everything is going good for them, but what everyone needs to know is that we are all just 1 illness, job loss, divorce or accident away from being knocked down. It happens to everyone at some point. So before we are so quick to judge, think about how easily any of us could loose it all. So if you are doing well now, count your blessings and help those around you. Remember, what goes around, comes around. Lets get our noses out of the air.
kandymc
on 6/4/09 4:51 am - Summerville, SC
Thank you so much!! I went from a happy family where my husband was bringing home over $1000+ a week down to scraping for money to survive because he decided not to be a family man anymore.

Height 5'4" This is weight lost after my Lap RNY on March 11, 2009

ravengrrl
on 6/4/09 4:58 am - Thornton, CO
I will check with my store.  Thanks for the idea.  The only issue with paying a kid or having someone else get the groceries is that the card can only be used by me (it has a signature on the back and most places check for ID).  I don't want to engage in Food Stamp fraud...I don't look good in stripes or prison orange.

I'm thinking that my best bet is going to be to call my orthopedic surgeon and see if he can prescribe me with a wheelchair rental. Crutches are okay around the house, but to attempt to shop with them is a nightmare.

http://theincredibleshrinkingfattie.wordpress.com/ H/W: 375, S/W: 300, C/W: 285

So Blessed!
on 6/4/09 5:34 am

The Kroger and WalMart stores here have electric shopping carts where you can sit down and do your shopping.  Is this not available in where you live? 

a Cinnabon  
ravengrrl
on 6/4/09 5:45 am - Thornton, CO
It is, my issue is availability and there are days when I can barely walk.  I have a major tear in my knee cartilage as well as a torn tendon.  My knee cap is actually crooked.

So Blessed!
on 6/4/09 5:51 am

Dang.  I hope your doc can help you get that chair.

greenpunchbuggie
on 6/4/09 5:00 am - Maplewood, NJ
just for the record, having weight loss surgery is not some sort of LUXURY that you only are allowed if you are fortunate enough to have a well paying job.  a lot of people are rendered unable to work because of morbid obesity.  or they face extreme discrimination about being large.  i know that during imes when i was unemployed i couldn't BEAR the thought of buying a suit and actually going on interviews when i knew i could be subject to ridicule.  any one of us could be without and any one of us could still be suffering as a larger person.  there is no reason to be judgmental.
HW: 260 SW: 231 CW: 153 GW: 140                

lbsadropping
on 6/4/09 5:06 am - Crofton, MD

I've paid enough taxes in my lifetime to ***** and moan about where its going.  I stop at the traffic light on main street. Baltimore. One lady  walks up to me and has a sign "out of work with kids, please help God Bless" and a pan. On the other side of the street a woman walks pass my car with a bottle of cold juice in one hand and flowers in the other a buck for the juice 2 bucks for the flowers
I noticed the cultural differences in the two people. 

At times, I have been so broke that I could'nt pay attention - so please dont look at me for compassion. Its like handing out fish rather than a hook , line and bait. 
Now I give til it makes my wife mad.  I sit on church board to determine special family needs, and other boards doing the same with funding and Vol work

As for the social heath care programs you refer to, they're broke, who do you think is paying the benefits?????Somebody in Ga Ga land  

Yea, I'am pissed at hand-outs.  Alot of that going around these days

Once a fat obese man who put to much stuff in his cake hole. Now lbsadropping

ravengrrl
on 6/4/09 5:12 am, edited 6/4/09 5:19 am - Thornton, CO
Well, Mr. Church Man, you should perhaps read your Bible again.  Especially, the words in red.  You think Jesus regretted feeding the 5,000?  As my father who is a Southern Baptist minister says, "If churches and those who support them were really doing their jobs as outlined in the Bible and in Christ's words, then there wouldn't be a need for social programs would there?"  You are nothing more than a hypocrite.  Thankfully, I'm not the one who will be judging you.

As for your "who's paying for handouts" argument.  I still pay taxes!  Duh!

Most Active