Day 1- carb detox

jonathanac
on 12/15/10 12:48 am - NY
I always take the wrong things from these threads but is everyone really able to eat pizza? I'm so scared of bread I haven't even tried pizza.
Highest:454~Surgery:415~Current:227~Lost:227~Goal:220

P. Poster
on 12/15/10 12:51 am
 Be afraid.  Be VERY afraid.  Keep the fear!  You don't want/need to know the answer.  That's all I will say...  
CharleeG
on 12/15/10 2:27 am - Jonesboro, AR
No. I tried a small piece of thin crust from Pizza Hut. My tum did not love it At. All. and sent it right back up. Srsly unpleasant experience for me, but good in that I won't be eating any pizza other than the Brok's variety (cheese crust with DS toppings).

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/10 3:55 am
I couldn't even eat pizza toppings for the first 3 months.  I periodically tried eating a slice and it tasted great going down, OK coming back up, but there was no way I was swallowing it a second time.  This little birdie just wasn't going there.  I was probably close to 9 months out before I could keep a slice of pizza down.  One slice is definitely my limit too; although, I can eat the toppings like crazy now.  It's funny how our GI tracts change with time. . .   I had the same problem with chicken and eggs for the first 4 months of my DS life and then presto, whammo!  It all went away!  I'm still convinced Chinese Five Spice is the devil, though, and will never ever again under any cir****tance try it as long as I live.  OK, maybe next week. . .
Kathleen F.
on 12/15/10 1:09 am

Yeah, giving up the carbs is hard. 

I made some chili the other night that was pretty darn good.

1 lb. ground beef
1 can diced tomatoes
chopped onion
diced garlic
1 T. unsweetened cocoa
1 T. cumin
1 T. chili powder
1 tsp. salt

Brown beef and drain, add onion and garlic and saute for a bit and then add spices and tomato. Simmer for about 1/2 hour. 1/2 cup is 3 net carbs.

Tastes great with lots of melted cheese and sour cream on top. Also good served over Dreamfields pasta.

P. Poster
on 12/15/10 1:14 am
 Thanks for the recipe Kathleen!  I love chili, and will definitely be making this this week as I just stocked up on ground beef :)
Not yo business OH
on 12/15/10 1:17 am
Bean, As you already know, you are not alone! I did great through Halloween, but then started having movie night with popcorn and m&ms. The m&ms are the devil for me! I finished a large bag off for b-fast yesterday. My problem with them is that they cause me no issues! I started a carb detox today and am with you all the way! B-fast was a deviled egg. Lunch spiral ham and asparagus. No Chips!!! No Candy!!! I already feel better. Hope it will last as I have tons of M&Ms in my closet for stocking stuffers for my teenagers. I think I gained a pound yesterday just from the M&Ms. Thanks for the post! Carb DETOX it is! (And concentrating on getting in more fluids!) T

Ht: 5'7"  HW/247ish   SW/234    CW/141-145  (Over 100 pounds lost in 8 months!)    
P. Poster
on 12/15/10 1:29 am
 Yay, another detoxer!  OK, we can do this!  

Today I've had 2 protein coffee's, 5 pieces of bacon, a Black Raspberry protein shake, and I'm currently nomming on egg salad made with 4 eggs (I'm about 2/3 through it and will save the rest for later).  My snacks for later are: cashews, cheese & summer sausage, a cheesy salsa dip to eat with pepperoni chips, more egg salad, more bacon.  Dinner will be alfredo chicken on a bit of Dreamfields (I can't eat much pasta, so it will be less than a serving for sure, for 5 net carbs).  And I plan to have a protein hot cocoa to quench my sweet tooth later tonight.  I also made the low carb chocolate balls for that as well.  I'm in good shape so far.  And already reached my fluid goal with all the shakes and my first BIG thermos of water.
Verhampshirite
on 12/15/10 1:40 am
******girl-How do you do the Black Raspberry protein shakes? That sounds so, so good!

Good luck with your carb detox. I'll be sending strengthening thoughts your way this evening!

-- Lenore

Courage is more exhilarating than fear, and in the long run it is easier.
-- Eleanor Roosevelt
HW - 320, SW - 277, CW - 144, GW - 137
5' 2.5"; 120 cm. common channel; 3-4 oz. sleeve

P. Poster
on 12/15/10 1:48 am
 Thank you Lenore!  I can sure use all the strength I can get!

The Black Raspberry is just the powder in that flavor from 4ever Fit, mixed in 8oz cold water.  It is pretty darn tasty!  I LOVE all their fruit flavored proteins!  
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 352 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 810 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views