Day 1- carb detox

P. Poster
on 12/15/10 11:35 am
 Yep...  I hear ya.  Sucks.  Sorry you are facing this demon too!
mrst2001
on 12/15/10 12:04 pm - GA
 Thanks, Bean, it is just one of those things.  You seem like you are really doing well, though!  I am amazed at you!  And I KNOW  how hard it is to have little people who need you all the time. It i hard.  Worth it, but hard as hell sometimes.
Revision from Lap-Band to DS on 1/9/04
5'3"  and HW/CW/LW/GW
335/305/160/140/155

Mom to two healthy post-DS babies (girl in 2006, boy in 2008)!

P. Poster
on 12/15/10 10:51 pm
 Thanks hun :)  I have been losing despite my carb indulgences, but my loss has been very, very slow because of it.  I want to make sure I get to goal, and I know I'm only setting myself up for struggles down the road if I don't reign in the carbs NOW, while I have the whole synergistic benefit of being so fresh postop.  So I want to try to get control of myself, my emotional eating and my carb monster.  

Yes, little ones are a challenge, that's for sure.  But, I have to say, she is the highlight of my life and the biggest and BEST challenge and accomplishment I've ever had.  She gives my life more purpose than I ever thought possible, and even on tough days, I'm thankful as can be for her.  I know there are so many that struggle to have children (my mother and several close friends & family members included) so I know just what a gift my daughter is :)
marriedmom
on 12/15/10 11:56 am - Middleville, MI
Hey Em, do you make your pepperoni chips or buy them? I have never heard of them. I am so proud of you for stepping up and making these changes. You are an inspiration to us all!
  5'1.5  HW 280 pre-op 270  GW 150  CW 147

P. Poster
on 12/15/10 10:55 pm
 Aw, thanks!  I just want to do right by myself for once in my life.  I didn't go into this life altering surgery to muck it up, so why allow it to happen now, so soon postop!  Ya know?  Time to get a handle on myself and my demons...

The pepperoni chips I make myself.  I buy a big bag of pepperoni slices from the grocery every week.  I pull out however many I want, line a plate with a paper towel, place them in a single layer on the lined plate, pop them in the microwave for about 1.5 minutes (some brands take a bit longer) or until the sizzling sounds stop.  Pull them out, let them cool a few minutes and then eat.  They get crispy just like chips, and are SOOO yummy!  I use these or pork rinds (which I'm not a huge fan of) for dip nomming :)
marriedmom
on 12/17/10 6:36 am - Middleville, MI
Thanks so much for the great idea! As a new DSer I am CONSTANTLY looking for more protein ideas.. feel like I am on a hunt or something! :)

ps. hows the detox going? (Friday)
  5'1.5  HW 280 pre-op 270  GW 150  CW 147

P. Poster
on 12/17/10 6:41 am
 So far, so good!  I'm keeping accountable on the daily bites & vites thread :)
(deactivated member)
on 12/18/10 5:50 am
You go, girl! Show them carbs who's boss!!Sending lots of support and strength your way!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views