Day 1- carb detox

Not yo business OH
on 12/15/10 2:41 am
OK, I am totally jealous now.  I am on my second HUGE cup of fluids.  I always figure 4 of these for a gallon, but never really measured them.  It takes all I can muster to get them all down.  With my hernia, it gets all poochie and tight if I drink too much too fast.  T

Ht: 5'7"  HW/247ish   SW/234    CW/141-145  (Over 100 pounds lost in 8 months!)    
P. Poster
on 12/15/10 3:10 am
 Keep in mind, I've been up since 5am & don't have a huge hernia to contend with...  That's a lot of logged hours to drink.  
Kathleen F.
on 12/15/10 1:36 am
I love Macadamia nuts. A 1/4 c. has only 2 net carbs.
P. Poster
on 12/15/10 1:50 am
 I'm an equal opportunity nut lover, LOL!  I love them all :)  I happened to find cashews for stupid cheap at Aldi over the weekend, so I'm well stocked on those.  I need to find a source for macadamias as I love them too!  Where do you get yours?
Kathleen F.
on 12/15/10 4:08 am

I just bought some at Costco. 1 lb. 8 oz. of Mauna Loa dry roasted macadamias with sea salt for $13.99.

kjfras
on 12/15/10 1:50 am - North Lauderdale, FL
Oh Bean!!!  I feel for you, I really really really do!

Before my surgery, I completely cut out ALL carbs for 47 days of abstinence,  No pasta, potatoes, bread, white flour products, sugar or rice.  I literally only ate protein and veggies.  I refused to even eat low carb options like wheat tortillas because I am an all or nothing girl and if I do that I know I was headed straight back for the carbs.  It took me 34 days to finally get rid of the cravings.  It's amazing now how I no longer want carbs..and I lost 21 pounds before surgery to boot.

It does work but it's damn hard!

I'm proud of you!  You CAN do this!

Kerry J                   Stillhopefull (Terry) is my Angel!!!! 
                                                    Angel to Baylady35310 (Linda)
7/9/01 RNY - 354 HW down to 192 LW
12/6/10 DS Revision - GW 170
DS HW 353
DS SW 332

DS CW 184 (-148 since surgery / -169 total) 

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

P. Poster
on 12/15/10 2:01 am
 Thank you Kerry!  It helps a great deal to know people have done this, and are standing behind me helping me to succeed too!  
CharleeG
on 12/15/10 2:28 am - Jonesboro, AR
You go Bean!!! You know you can do this!

P. Poster
on 12/15/10 2:33 am
 Thanks sweets!  Right now I'm like the Little Engine that Could...  I *think* I can, I think I can...  I'll get there.
looking4loss
on 12/15/10 2:52 am - Overton, NE
Bean, count me in too!!  I reach my six-month mark tomorrow and I just looked on livestrong.com and I have lost 2 pounds this month, AND gained them back (it's my TOM, but still...)  I KNOW I have let WAAAYYYY too many carbs back in also.  Problem is, NOTHING bothers my tummy at this point, so I have no side effects.  It's actually quite scary to me that this is all coming back this easily. 
So, I'm with you on this.  I've been away from the boards for a while, but I'm back and we can do this together...
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 347 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 804 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views