I am THINKING ABOUT A REVISION at 6 years

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/11 7:00 am, edited 6/19/11 7:00 am
clpeltz Yeap! What she said!
lisarn
on 6/18/11 6:33 am - Omaha, NE
 "...it gives a very truthful and realistic way of life for every surgery..."

Just as I don't have any way of saying how it is to live with a band or a rny, you my dear, have absolutely no authority of how it is to live with any surgery but yours.

You are probably sick of hearing people bash the band. It has worked for you, wonderful. Those of us that made another choice than yours really don't like to hear our choice bashed as you did in your original post. I know of MANY ds-ers (on here and in person), that do not have ANY of the problems you talked about. The only thing is that they need to take vites. Had they not had the surgery, they would have been taking 20+ prescription meds. I know more ds-ers that can eat NORMAL, eat sweets (like you want) without ANY problems. I am not even a month out, but I have had no food intolerances, and my poo doesn't stink as bad as it did preop, and I am totally happy.

Lisa
HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)

cajungirl
on 6/18/11 1:47 pm
You sure you don't have a choke chain around your brain, too? Again many of your facts are incorrect.

You dish the lapband people that share their stories and consider it almost a crime yet YOU put down other surgeries that YOUR idiotic post are full of holes and lies.

Keep posting your drivel it confirms to posters reading how illiterate your post really are of the types, positives and negatives of WLS.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Heres2anewme
on 6/18/11 6:12 pm - TX
You are a VERY smart lady and your 2 cents is pricless!!
Jamille            ~If it's God's will for me, then it will be~
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

celticnurse
on 6/18/11 2:12 am - Abingdon, MD
Nana, congratulations on your weight loss success! but i detect a smidge of insensitivity in your post. the band is not the appropriate treatment for everyone....just like we all don't look good wearing  yellow. i CHOSE to have RNY because after a lot (many years) of consideration, i felt it was right for ME. i am losing weight at a safe pace according to my surgeon. yes, i have to take vitamins for the rest of my life, along w/calcium, on a daily basis. so what! i knew what i was getting into when i signed on for this. once again, MY CHOICE. i can eat just about everything my hubby eats, but in much smaller portions.

i hope you had a nice time at your Swinetastic BBQ festival and enjoyed that yummy dessert w/hubby. hopefully, you'll continue w/your success and never need an adjustment in that band of yours. in the mean time, try not to be so mean about the other weight loss therapies out there. what's good for the goose, isn't always good for the gander.
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/11 2:18 am, edited 6/18/11 2:20 am - ~Somewhere in~, PA
 Being insensitive??? Oh god, I can't even open up the Main forum with people actually given out horrible information on the band and how it does not work and they don't even have a band, its like newbies get attacked even having thoughts about a band.....I just thought I would thoroughly and truthfully describe each surgery......even my own
Kim S.
on 6/18/11 11:01 pm - Helena, AL
And sinking to that level proved what?  Until this, I had great respect for you and your experiences shared. 

Please only post what you KNOW and don't pretend to be an expert on things you know nothing about.  It can be damaging to the newbies that are just starting their research.

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/11 11:14 pm
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/11 11:33 pm, edited 6/18/11 11:33 pm - ~Somewhere in~, PA
Seeking Healthy...........what exactly am I lying about? Can you clarify please? There is NOTHING in my post NOT TRUE....if you are taking about the number of pills Dsr take daily, I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW how many they take BUT I DO KNOW IT IS A LOT, I can't be precise since I am sure each person takes different amounts based on their weight/ health history and other factors.

But give or take +/- their vitamin regimen is intense and rigorous, and I think anyone who is even thinking about this surgery need to know this do you AGREE?

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/11 5:39 am
Most Active